Active Topics

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Regarding the problem of synchronizing multiple Google calendars, has anyone tried nuevasync (nuevasync.com)? They claim to be able to sync a device having MfE with multiple Google calendars.

Last edited by nymajoak; 2009-10-12 at 14:45. Reason: clarification

I tried the calendar on emulator. It looks like a good start but it is not powerful, atleast yet. There is few usability quirks and repeat event is useless as it is now (see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5294). It's just weird that calendar on palm pilot from 1990's beats the **** out of everything I have used after.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by VRe View Post
...It's just weird that calendar on palm pilot from 1990's beats the **** out of everything I have used after.
Sadly, this is true, and we're talking 1996. Also, the n900 calendar is very weak -- for starters alarms can only be set 15 minutes prior to the even, max! Tasks app is useless. A shame really.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
And what would you expect? In this day and age, it is more important for the calendar app to have stupid gestures support than the ability to quietly add an appointment without having to basically dance.

True, the calander and contacts apps on my treo 680 are far more functional than the n900....I feel / hope in time someone will develop a 3rd party app to correct nokias short falls!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by VRe View Post
It's just weird that calendar on palm pilot from 1990's beats the **** out of everything I have used after.
And there I was thinking my expectations were too high. Glad to learn I'm not the only one. N900 is meant to replace the Palm, but for now it looks like I will be carrying both for quite a while. :-/

Originally Posted by pcfe View Post
And there I was thinking my expectations were too high. Glad to learn I'm not the only one. N900 is meant to replace the Palm, but for now it looks like I will be carrying both for quite a while. :-/
You can also get GarnetVM for N800 or N810 and install it for N900. It should work. I used N800 and GarnetVM and I was able to sync the calendar to PC. After that I dumped my Palm. Later on I found N800 bit too slow for the emulator + everything else and I turned into using GPE Calendar. The speed issue might be now history with N900, I would give it a try if I would be still using Palm.

GPE Calendar has its own set usability issues but somehow I have coped.. still Palm calendar usability just is something else.. IMHO GPE Calendar is the most complete solution for N900 with least of problems.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Varberg, Sweden
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
Regarding the problem of synchronizing multiple Google calendars, has anyone tried nuevasync (nuevasync.com)? They claim to be able to sync a device having MfE with multiple Google calendars.
I have not yet tried multiple calendars but one calendar plus contacts work well enough at least. Worth checking out for sure.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Shameless plug for Erminig-NG, which allows multiple calendar sync:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40408

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Can all you clever calendar people please have some input with this brainstorm. (Brainstorm here) We have a pile of suggestions for making a really good calendar - but no-one to look into implementing, either in the fremantle calendar or one of the alternatives. Right now we need a dev or two (or six) on board to provide some wisdom and resources.