Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Not sure if this has been brought up before but...

The N900's media player allows for very basic selection of music by album, genre or all tracks. There are a lot of other id3 tags which would be nice to be able to select music by in the player.

One example would be to be able to select by track rating so you could select by highest rated tracks or unrated tracks.

Also as I usually only listen to my music collection on my mobile device (now n900) it would be nice to be able to set the tracks rating on the device itself and have this saved within the id3 tag.

This could then later be synced back to the media collection allowing for easy management of new music. (this is not part of the brainstorm but would be a big advantage)

Trying to enter this at the brainstorming site but I cannot seem to get to the site today...

What do other people think of this idea?

Here is the link to the Brainstorm

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._media_player/

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-19 at 12:32. Reason: status

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
may I kindly ask that if you are proposing something in a new brainstorm to please use these guidelines:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Brainstorm

this will enable the community to assess the importance of the actual proposal (by voting) and will let others participate by adding solutions to the brainstorm, which can be voted for as soon as the brainstorm reaches the state of "under consideration"

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Sorry new to all this, I just entered a new brainstorm item...

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Sorry new to all this, I just entered a new brainstorm item...
please put a link to it to your starting post

thanks

PS read through the links in my sig for further help please

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-10 at 01:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the advice Chemist, brainstorm item entered and link added to the initial post.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
The Movie Player is a part of the Media Player. So I post my suggestion here:

It should be possible to rename a movie in the Media Player. Not only to delete the file.