I got on tmobile prepaid, $1/day for unlimited text/data (I dont use voice). I am pretty much constantly roaming too. I paid $7 for the sim back in novemeber, and when I got it, it had $30 credit on it. I have not checked my account, but it is still active and working... and its supposed to be $1/day no matter if it is used or not. It is prepaid, no name or cc attached to it....

I think my service is just going to be free forever, which is fine with me. Since I roam on att, I only get 2.5G, so my usage is not that great, but I am usually within WIFI range anyway. (I hope they dont read this and hunt me down)

AT&T Free Msg: You have exceeded $1,000 in data charges this month. Your data service has been temporarily suspended. Please call AT&T at 611.

I don't have a data plan, as I'm on AT&T and can only use EDGE, and my location doesn't have 3G anyways so it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is somehow my connection became switched from my router at the house to AT&T's network when I was trying to get bluetooth DUN working with a desktop.

I haven't seen the bill yet, and I pray that won't actually be on there. I had to call up and talk to the service rep who was unnaturally understanding. That's the only reason I can laugh about it...the CSR acted like this stuff happens all the time and it shouldn't be to hard to fix. If I get a bill that is anywhere close to $1000 I'm going to go nuts. Been a longtime customer to AT&T and always paid on time, so if they can't overlook this one screw up of mine I'll start looking at T-Mobile.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Oh my goodness ... hope AT&T continue to be understanding ... that's some major phonebill!

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by xmob View Post
I'm a giffgaff VIG.

That means free calls, texts and data for me.
I tried it but the 3G signal was too weak much of the time, it only got 2G or "no data service" and that is really too slow.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
My plan is with 3. Thanks for the update, Nokia

My £10 monthly bill gets me 1GB "unlimited" data, unlimited texts, unlimited calls to other people on 3, 300 minutes elsewhere.

In all, pretty good. I haven't reached the 1GB allowance yet as the firmware hasn't been out long enough

Originally Posted by starman View Post
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

There's a bit of a bug/issue/overlooked feature with CPW's computer system, if Vodafone didn't know about the upgrade you could of walked away with a free N900, it happens more times than the company's willing to admit
Yeah, but my last contract was £35 , so woulda made no diff. Plus i wouldnt of had any internet or phonecalls

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
Please note ... if you're on a vodafone iphone style contract with 1GB web usage that's an absolute limit ... if you go over you will be charged ... it's totally different to the "unlimited" 500mb contract which has a fair usage policy that doesn't automatically charge fo extra usage ...
Thanks for the heads up, ill check that now, as there is 2 plans with the same mins and texts, but one has the 500mb limit, andno free wifi. lucily ive only used 700mb since ive had it, mainly use wireless

Ross

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
You're welcome! tis definitely worth checking which you're on since Vodafone charge so much for going over if it's not an 'unlimited' plan! I need to up my usage again ... am letting the side down this month with barely 250mbs used so far! ... night!

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Hmmm... i may be on this one actually ;-)LINK

ive contacted them, see what they say....