Active Topics

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
as far as I know you can't access your Yahoo email account with a client application if it's not Yahoo Plus. Nokia Messaging is really good but I don't know how much it will be after the trial.

How can I set up a Nokia Messaging account ? I used Nokia Messaging on my N900 to set up my gmail's account and it works fine but when I used my gmail account to log in email.nokia.com . That says can't find user . And when I tried to set up my yahoo mail with nokia Messaging on my N900 I got incorrect user name or password . I dont know what can I do now. Anyone can help ?

to set up yahoo mail I had to use the "other" option instead of automatic "yahoo" (in my case yahoo-bellsouth) settings. Just fill in pop and smtp and you're good to go...

I think I know why I can't connect to yahoo mail . I must pay to have POP3 services with yahoo.com ( 15 euros / years ) stupid .
Anyone know how to set up a Nokia Messasing account with the N900 or there are a problem with the email.nokia.com site ?

I got the text message from Nokia but when I clicked the link it tells me that it did not automatically detect my operating system and offered for me to manually choose my OS but the choices are all Symbian. Is this correct? If it is, which one should I choose?

Originally Posted by drdeguzman View Post
I got the text message from Nokia but when I clicked the link it tells me that it did not automatically detect my operating system and offered for me to manually choose my OS but the choices are all Symbian. Is this correct? If it is, which one should I choose?
here's the easiest way to setup your nokia messaging email

go to email, then new account, then next
choose your region
on the service provider you should have an option for nokia messaging.
then enter the email and pw.

that should work now.

Thanks for the quick response, NOKIAFAN. However, I have tried this and I am getting error that I am using an incorrect user name or password.

BTW, Hotmail set-up easily with the process you suggested.

Originally Posted by drdeguzman View Post
Thanks for the quick response, NOKIAFAN. However, I have tried this and I am getting error that I am using an incorrect user name or password.
did you use the email add when you first signed up for nokia messaging?

I was having this problem, there is a setting on the Yahoo! WebMail page for allowing pop3 access, you don't need Yahoo Plus to do this.

Goto Options -> Mail Options -> POP & Forwarding (which will take you to Yahoo Mail Classic) -> Click on the Web & POP Access Radio button -> then click save.

Last edited by DaveR53; 2010-01-20 at 16:54.