Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Great stuff, I've loved the game since forever.

I know other stuff probably has higher priority, but could I please have autoplay or at least double-click on a card to send it to free cell or to its place on top?

Once the puzzle has been solved I spend a minute putting all the cards up.

Otherwise a great implementation. Maybe an animation speed tweak? (couldn't resist)
Heh, you (like I, originally) didn't read the "About" page (it's in the menu)! Because of that, I didn't even realize that you could undo moves until I started looking in the code.

Pop open the keyboard and hit either the enter or space keys and that'll auto-play everything it can.

There are a few other keys that enable stuff hidden in the code (hint: try the arrow keys) -- the original author didn't document them in the about page, and I didn't add them either.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

The Following User Says Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by jkq View Post
Okay, there is a new version in extras-devel. I'll bump it to -testing in a few days, after I've had a chance to play a few more games myself.

I've added the save/restore state ability, but due to the way it is currently coded it actually moves the cards one-by-one (so you get a fast-forward reminder of what you were doing in the last session! ), but it unfortunately doesn't refresh the screen very well while it is doing that (parts are black until "drawn over" by moving cards). You'll see what I mean if/when you try it.

I also fixed this bug.

-jkq
Thanks for the work... and for fixing the bug. I am a bit of a solitaire nut (wish there were more of a variety of solitaire on N900) and I'm enjoying this game a lot. I downloaded the latest version last night.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Heh, you (like I, originally) didn't read the "About" page (it's in the menu)! Because of that, I didn't even realize that you could undo moves until I started looking in the code.
It has a menu for that?

Pop open the keyboard and hit either the enter or space keys and that'll auto-play everything it can.
It doesn't have a menu for that!

Thaaaank yooou!

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

It has a menu for that? (jkq: undo)
Yep, as well as a keyboard binding. I'll let you find the binding (hint; look in the About screen ).

It doesn't have a menu for that! (jkq: auto-play)
Unfortunately, when I tried to put an auto-play button in the menu, it didn't turn out well. It would look like it had locked up with the menu open until it finished auto-playing.

Thaaaank yooou!
You're welcome!

-jkq

MUCH thanks, guys....I really enjoy solitaire and especially freecell....it's usually the first game I install into any phone I have (hence I only own smartphone). My jaw dropped when I realize there isn't one for maemo5...I have settled for Aisleriot (n800) for a while but will give this one a try...Much thanks.... Keep it up....

Okay, I bumped it to testing. Vote here.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Voted. Nice to have this on my N900.

I've uploaded a new version to testing which means i consider it ready for end users. Now, it's up to testers to verify that. If you are willing to be a tester, please read about the Extras-Testing repo and make sure the package meets the criteria in the QA Checklist. You can find the testing report page for it here! The only addition to this version is the bugtracker field to allow it to pass through the QA process and into extras.

-jkq

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-29 at 06:13. Reason: Added an apppropriate description of what the testing process should involve.

The Following User Says Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Thanks. I've downloaded the newest version this morning.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I love it! Bot I have two buts (or rather ifs).

Is it possible to make the program calculate with the free spaces aswell as the free slots (it's often possible to move more than five cards, but now you have to do it manually in two or more steps).

I would LOVE to see a highscore-function. Maybe on time, but definately a track record for won - lost games. I like to get a graphic view of my obsession from time to time...