Originally Posted by lorddct View Post
http://maps.nokia.com/explore-services/ovi-maps

Seems to be live, though no N900 love at this time
A "flagship" device....

NO FREE OVI MAP NAVIGATION????

plus
No integration with PC suite...
No integration with OVI Suite....
No integration with Nokia map loader.. (well i havent got it working)

it just gets better....

this us utter "hairy spherical male genitailia"

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/21/n...tphones-globa/

"In a call with Michael Halbherr, Nokia's VP of Social Location, we were told that the new Ovi Maps would arrive on the flagship N97 very shortly. It's currently a "software logistics issue" related to the maturity of the N97 device. N900 owners shouldn't hold their breath, though, as Nokia is focusing on bringing its free navigation service to the next generation of Maemo devices. That's not to say that the N900 won't get it eventually, only that it's not currently on the roadmap."

I am VERY unimpressed by these news and since I am still in my initial 14 day trial, I think this is going back to base to be replaced with another option from the competition.

Hope there is a clarification soon about this - is this pay to test???? Bring out the device and then not support it? Do they want to steer people away to other brands?? C'mon Nokia, wake up!!
Oh for f sake..

Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post

"In a call with Michael Halbherr, Nokia's VP of Social Location, we were told that the new Ovi Maps would arrive on the flagship N97 very shortly. It's currently a "software logistics issue" related to the maturity of the N97 device. N900 owners shouldn't hold their breath, though, as Nokia is focusing on bringing its free navigation service to the next generation of Maemo devices. That's not to say that the N900 won't get it eventually, only that it's not currently on the roadmap."
what does an os have to do with navigation....

But yeah now it is free where is nokia's drive to really push it and give it also to the N900...
So only in the sales of the N900? But they already market that it has maps..

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
paid 599€ for this phone... and the cheaper phones get the free t2t navigation?

nokia is trying hard on getting me sell this phone -.-'
sell it then. I dare you

The Following User Says Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
I have a feeling the N900 won't get the update since Sygic is already coming out with a navigation app but for a fee.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tamworth, UK
Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
It's not on the roadmap for N900 and they are focusing on getting it done for the next generation of Maemo devices instead. This means, without a doubt in MY mind, that we'll never see this for the N900.

If they are talking about getting Maemo 6 done in a year or so and they won't even look into making Ovi Navigation available for the N900 before it's up and running for next gen, then we'll never see it. We'll all have Maemo 6 devices long before we can realistically expect it for the N900.

I really hope I'm wrong.
i too hope you are wrong but i fear it is more than likely you are correct that it will not be seen for n900.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
I know...Nokia wants this comunity to write it...
I am more and more anoyed...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bull81 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow. No N900, no Maemo device at the moment.

Heck... if they bring this to the N810 for free, I'll be SET. Do it... do it Nokia. I'll even stop complaining about the lack of support.

Seriously guys.

Did you guys ever on ANY phone get a free next version of a preinstalled payware unless it was preannounced before you bought it?

I don't think it's that common. Ovi Maps is just now turning free, Nokia will use it to improve future sales.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo can has?