Active Topics

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by franchg View Post
No, it's an internet tablet.

C'mon guys... anyone who bought this device should have known it's still a work in progress (and it was clearly marked as such by Nokia employees)
WTF? I think that this is goes to same category as "its mobile computer so do not expect.thing X". You are those guys who google everything before buying? And actually in this case googling isnt enough because this work in progress has become obvious after users have bought this and reported their experiences. For example maemo guru

... If Navigation will come I'll be very pleased, but I never counted on it. I'm already more than happy with my 5Gb world maps in Nokia maps.
Fun for you. HUUUUGE smile

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucharest, Romania
We paid a premium price for a premium device. How about some respect for that? Nokia, kindly realize that S60 is not the future, whether you like it or not. Linux is. So, please focus.

The Following User Says Thank You to silviumc For This Useful Post:
Nokia's treatment of the N900 / Maemo 5 really puts me off getting one.

It seems like I would be spending a large sum of money to buy one, when I could buy a nearly equally specced Android phone that provides a lot of the same features and large updates to the platform. Maemo 5 looks like something that has been pushed out unfinished and is now mostly left alone.

Originally Posted by stantheboss View Post
LET's HOPE THIS IS TRUE !!!

http://twitter.com/FoneArena/status/8022903616
"Soon" is not a measure of time... i.e. "Next week" or "In one month" are. And even then, delays might (will likely...) come.

In my corner of the office we are 4 with this device and guess what... you have 4 very unhappy persons right now and 2 of those are considering a change.

Mind you, it is not for the sodding maps/navigation issue alone. It is the way Nokia is positioning itself against this device, showing little or no support for the platform. If they have no interest...

Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post

I am VERY unimpressed by these news and since I am still in my initial 14 day trial, I think this is going back to base to be replaced with another option from the competition.
!
So yesterday, you had no free turn by turn navigation and you were happy keeping the phone, and now, a day later, nothing's changed, and you want to send the phone back..

You people make me laugh.

Last edited by L11; 2010-01-21 at 11:19.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to L11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
You've just read about this in different blogs. I would not take a blog as the most reliable source as they tend to get a bit biased (e.g. has some own agenda or speculation). Is there an official source that says that only harmattan is getting the new version? The whole thing about free maps has just been announced a few hours ago. The OVI maps for maemo is still in early stages. Be patient, perhaps it will be ready in like 30 minutes or so. Tomorrow at last. If not, I'm pissed.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
Well, Nokia maps is the only Navigation service that doesn't have maps for couple of European countries including Serbia.
Damn Navteq. Before Navteq we had maps, and now even after couple of years - nothing.
Do you need maps or navigation with routing and voice directions? If just maps, there are *many* solutions for Maemo, see my earlier post in this thread.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Annika Pollari (Nokia): We are looking into including other platforms as well in this offer in addition to Symbian
source

And another interesting thing:
Streetview mode for Nokia Maps in plans for 2010
source

Amazing news. Free ovi maps on symbian will arrive for sure to maemo. Take calm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Interesting stuff.
Streetview mode for Nokia Maps in plans for 2010
source

Tags
maemo can has?