Notices

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Hey guys, please go and vote for Quickoffice on the N900. http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/13797-5219

Last edited by nashith; 2010-01-21 at 22:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to nashith For This Useful Post:
Dang, nobody interested? Ok Mods, please DON'T delete this thread.

Last edited by nashith; 2010-01-22 at 14:53. Reason: changed delete to DON'T delete

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
give it some time, boy...
I vote all my 5 votes for it...

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
I thought nobody was interested, N900 doesn't currently have a usable office suit with editing capability, no KOffice still ain't there yet so I figured maybe getting attention of a company who develops office suits for mobile devices was a good idea.

5 votes from me too, hope to see QuickOffice for Maemo very soon. C'mon guys vote!

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nashith View Post
I thought nobody was interested, N900 doesn't currently have a usable office suit with editing capability, no KOffice still ain't there yet so I figured maybe getting attention of a company who develops office suits for mobile devices was a good idea.
Not quite true - we can run OpenOffice through a debian chroot courtesy of Qole - which is great if you know what it's up to, but probably a bit of a put-off for newbies.

That said, I'll vote anyway - more software for Maemo is a good thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
@code Monkey, ya I checked that out too, it's some what workable for me, but not workable for my friends who are simple businessmen and typical smartphone users.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
I must say that I will always prefer OpenOffice (or even AbiWord) for proprietary stuff like QuickOffice (to me more software is not necessarily a good thing in itself).

One of the main reasons I really like maemo is that it is easier to use free (libre) software compared to Android, Iphone, and similar platforms.

@filologen, I totally agree with you, but commercial closed source software is currently a very big part of our lives. We can't just turn them off one day. There has to be a migration path and I believe the current crop of OSS office suits are doing a great job at it. Having more options isn't a bad thing either and I believe one day almost everybody would prefer OSS rather than their proprietary alternatives.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
sorry stupid question, where is this voting thing?