Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have left mine open a few times, and it is certainly bothersome. I would like a user-configurable alarm. I would want mine to be progressively more irritating, like an alarm clock.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
I was just about to post a request for the same app. I always forget to shut the lens cover - it's only a matter of time before I really damage my lens.

great idea iveleft mine open many times

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Verona, Italy
Yeeees! Great idea!! Good App

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Yep, +1 for a great idea. It's little ideas like this and Headphone Daemon that iron out the niggles and improve N900 experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to shiny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I'd just like to add my two €uro cents and would find an app like this very useful too

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Wales, UK
Great idea! Coming from an N95 8GB, I always seem to forget the N900 has a lens cover.

Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Personally a big red bar across the top until it's closed - unless camera app is running.
Not a good idea, other apps can use the camera (or just the flash led, like in the case of the flashlight).

I think a little notification icon showing a little camera whenever the lens cover is open would be ideal IMO.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki
This is by far one of the most brilliant application idea!

Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
Have a notification icon shown all the time when cover is open, then if you lock your phone, have it give small vibrate or beep sound.
Well i couln't have said this better myself. We just have to take in notice that while screen may lock itself, you then just put the phone in your pocket and you won't touch the lock. But i bet the approximity sencor will help here, as someone already suggested.

Its a beautiful IDEA, must be covered through some app