I put my phone into my pocket this morning before going into a meeting. when i came out and looked at my phone the UI was in portrait mode. I could scroll the desktops from side to side as normal but in portrait. the desktops had not been adjusted to cope with the narrower screen to icons on the right where not accessable. Is this a feature or did it get stuck in portrait mode after running the phone app? i assume that i did not lock the screen before i put it in my pocket so anything could have happened.

Eric

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
It's the same here,
after using the phone and directly use the keylock it stuck in potrait mode.

open the browser and use the Potrait mode easteregg solve the problem with out reboot.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Can you video or screen shot this?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

its happened a few times with me as well, but only when i use the call option.

all i do is lock the phone with the side slide button and use the power button / on-screen slide to unlock the phone. everything returns to normal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kalim13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Please vote for this bug

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
anybody able to provide a screenshot and attach it to https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8454 ?

I have had it happen to me 2-3 times over the last 2 weeks. I don't remember how I fixed it though, I assumed I need to learn more on using this phone.

Now I understand it's a bug and not a *feature*!

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
hey guys. im on holiday so i cant attach a screen shot but i have a few from my last thread. please take a look at the link bellow. can someone else do it??

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43049

im working on figuring out where this bug comes from and making it a usable portrait mode hack still having problems with desktop rotation as you can see
Attached Images

It is a code which is unfinished that gets executed some times. Portrait mode should be available soon since the price for Nokia N900 is dropping in Grey markets (Resale Price) because of Usability issues