Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
After upgrading to latest version I cannot download MMS-messages anymore. Error message says just that cannot download MMS message.

Before upgrade everything was working fine

But nice feature is that fmms seems now automaticly switch to MMS APN when SMS push arrives.
Having the same problem here as well...

The Following User Says Thank You to oskkos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by cloris View Post
But I found the long sentence cannot adjust according to the screen size in the MMS, I meant there is not auto return function for a long sentence. And It seemed scrolling is very difficult in the received MMS, I wonder if it is the problem of the service provide, or the fmms.

Since I will receive the e-newspaper everyday by mms. There will be images in the content. But I found the images will not be inserted in the content any more, but coming in as seperated files.

And another question, How can I delete a mms? I can not find the button.

Thank you very much
Problem in fMMS, not yet added word-wrapping and stuff, totally forgot about it, good catch!

Hmm, what filetypes are the images?

Long press (tap-and-hold) on the message and you'll get a menu where you can chose to "Delete"

Thanks for testing

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
After upgrading to latest version I cannot download MMS-messages anymore. Error message says just that cannot download MMS message.

Before upgrade everything was working fine

But nice feature is that fmms seems now automaticly switch to MMS APN when SMS push arrives.
Does it fail to download when you try to redownload or when it's incoming? Could you start the UI from terminal: /opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py, click on a message not yet downloaded and then PM/mail me the output in the terminal? Thanks

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Does it fail to download when you try to redownload or when it's incoming? Could you start the UI from terminal: /opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py, click on a message not yet downloaded and then PM/mail me the output in the terminal? Thanks
Fails both when the sms push is received and when tried to redownload it.

Terminal output is coming soon in your PM-box.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
Thanks to the author, I've just set up my apn using fapn and now fmms, having great success so far. Only thing is it doesn't automatically select mms apn to download the images, but that's not a big deal.

As long as the images send and receive it's great.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I deleted my mms APN and tryed to send mms using internet.saunalahti APN. It gives me error "Sending failed: Error: 113 No route to host. Please make sure APN settings are correct"

I changed fmms APN to internet.saunalahti and left mmsc addres the way it was.

Then I went to internet settings in my phone and put the same Proxy that i used in mms APN (HTTP: 62.142.4.197 PORT: 8080). After i sved settings i disabled the check box in Proxy and saved again. What am i doing wrong?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Italy
Yesterday I installed fMMS and fAPN. I followed instructions to setup the APN and configure fMMS, and was able to send and receive MMS on Vodafone Italy.

Thank you very much for the brilliant work!

FMMS is a great program, blackberry users can't receive the pictures using fmms. I have the nokia n900 and the wife has a blackberry she can send me photo's but cant receive. been hoping that can be fixed soon. i am up for becoming a test subject.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by fsantiago36 View Post
FMMS is a great program, blackberry users can't receive the pictures using fmms. I have the nokia n900 and the wife has a blackberry she can send me photo's but cant receive. been hoping that can be fixed soon. i am up for becoming a test subject.
I think we all are - this post has drummed up a lot of support allthough i never plan to send to a 'burberry/blueberry/bumberry' user - i can understand that being an issue

I think frals has got a lovely list of issues and fixes to get on with, frals, fancy listing out the big steps foreward that you plan or have been asked to do?

Might be good to see what people want done first (Or, what you want to do first?) hehe
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

@frals
I would like to continue helping out with the development of fmms and was wondering if there is a list of items you want to attack first.

I also spent more time debugging UAProf by manually downloading mms using telnet but still couldn't get my service provider to perform content adaption.

What I was thinking of doing in conjuction with uaprof testing is to add logging support so users can easily send their output without having to start fmms from cli.

Let me know what you think.

The Following User Says Thank You to benaranguren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Frals thaks again for appl Today I finaly get my diploma and thanks to fMms I could send mmses to all my friends but sending all that 20 messages I realized that would be nice to add more than one number for the same mms Is it possible??

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python