Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
So, I'm trying learn some gles2, and after looking at the maemo wiki, I attempted to build some of the lessons in the powervr sdk, using the toolchain from madde.

I've got the first five lessons to build on my (centos) laptop and run ok on the N900 (a couple segfault on exit, but no biggie.)

Lesson six builds ok, but when I run it, I get

/home/user/OGLES2IntroducingPVRTools: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /home/user/OGLES2IntroducingPVRTools)
I see here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer/Documentat...acket_Packages that people around maemo have run into something like this, so I'm wondering if there's any workaround or I just have to be content with reading the source after lession 5?

My guess is that some lib included with the sdk requires this specific libstdc++ version which isn't on the N900 but I'm no cross compile guru, and welcome advice from those who are!

The Following User Says Thank You to kwotski For This Useful Post:
Hi,

one possibility is, that you are not using the codesourcery's toolchain. If this is the case, the solution would be to install & use the toolchain (including libc and C++ compiler) provided by Codesourcery for Maemo.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Thanks for the report.

The problem is (now) know and being fixed.

Watch this space for (linux only) test workaround when one has been tested.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to too For This Useful Post:
Hey, thanks for the replies.

I admit I'm a bit surprised that it can be fixed I was fairly certain it was due to some non-dynamic library file in the PVR SDK having been compiled against a later version of libstdc++ than the N900 or madde has.

If there's any further details to be had, I'd be very interested to learn what the problem is about and what could be done to fix it.

I posted the same problem, but with more information about my local setup and steps taken to compile the pvr lessons on their forum, at http://www.imgtec.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=625 in case anyone reading this is curious. (I'm not sure if you need a login to read that, but it's a free reg anyhow.)

I must say, I've found the pvr-provided stuff to be a helpful on gles 2. It's apparently hard to find good information on that.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
Hi, kwotski

The problem is libstd++.so that comes with MADDE toolchain as you discovered. If you like, you can try a workaround. Note, this works only in Linux.

First you have to fetch other toolchain and then to create new target manually that uses the fetched toolchain.
Code:
$ mad-admin fetch http://scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/apophis/tarball/scratchbox-toolchain-cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7-1.0.14-1-i386.tar.gz
$ mad-admin create my_fremantle -s -tc scratchbox-toolchain-cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7-1.0.14-1-i386 -sr fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942 -qt qt-tools-4.5.3-linux
Now you should have a new target named my_fremantle in use with N900 compatible libstd++.so.

Last edited by rontti; 2010-01-22 at 10:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rontti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rontti View Post
Hi, kwotski
If you like, you can try a workaround.
Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try this evening.

Actually, couldn't wait, just tried it the commands as you gave them.

I had to use
Code:
-qt qt-tools-4.5.3-linux.tar.gz
at the end (just adding the .tar.gz) after MADDE complained about no such file.

After this, it works fine after adjusting the defines I made in the pvr makefiles to point to the new toolchain dir - on my system, this ended up as

TOOLCHAIN=/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/toolchains/scratchbox-toolchain-cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7-1.0.14-1-i386/scratchbox/compilers/cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7

And I was then able to compile and run lesson 6. No further excuses now, I have to try and learn this gles2 stuff

Thanks once again!