Active Topics

Hi all,
When I'm trying to connect my Nokia N900 to google talk account sometimes (most the time)
I get the message "Unable to connect one or more accounts..." (or something like this).

I noticed that it happens (most the time) only if my computer, on the same network, is connected (or was connected) to Gmail\Gtalk.

My others accounts, like skype, are working well.
How can I solve this problem? please help me :-(
10x

The Following User Says Thank You to ayden For This Useful Post:
I've been having a lot of problems with Gtalk as well. I assumed it had something to do with the "wifi bug" as it appears to be worse when I'm using wifi and better when using 3G.

The similarity to your situation is the fact that I also have a notebook using wifi (and previously connected ) to Gtalk.

skype seems fine .... but gtalk keeps bringing up that error....
"unable to connect to one or more accounts"

then a few seconds later, it connects fine.

Every few minutes, I get the error again (say every 5-15 mins) and that message continually popping up runs the battery down.

In the Advanced Settings on Gtalk account there is a "Auto-detect STUN".
What is STUN server and how can I find it?
maybe it'll solve this problem.

someone? :-(

STUN http://voip-info.org/wiki-STUN

The link above should help.

The Following User Says Thank You to fixfox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fixfox View Post
I've been having a lot of problems with Gtalk as well. I assumed it had something to do with the "wifi bug" as it appears to be worse when I'm using wifi and better when using 3G.

The similarity to your situation is the fact that I also have a notebook using wifi (and previously connected ) to Gtalk.

skype seems fine .... but gtalk keeps bringing up that error....
"unable to connect to one or more accounts"

then a few seconds later, it connects fine.

Every few minutes, I get the error again (say every 5-15 mins) and that message continually popping up runs the battery down.
Hi,

Has anyone figured out what's causing this to happen? I am having the exact same problem. My google account just won't stay logged in to gtalk, however, when I sign in with my apps for domains account (free ver) its stable.

This has me perplexed and it appears I'm not the only one experiencing it.

Jason

That with the STUN servers didn't help much.... will let you know when more info is available.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
are you sure you are not behind a network proxy? because gtalk doesnt not work if u are behind a proxy on the N900

My Blog

100% sure that I am not. I am behind a Wi-Fi that is connected to another Hardware FW. But it was working these days. Today is not working. However additionally the OVI account is also giving me the same "Network Error".

I don't know if it's the same bug, but I have been having problems since a while. I'm also using Empathy on my PC which uses telepathy for all the Instant Messaging stuff. I encountered the same problem on my PC so I reported a bug to the telepathy devs. The problem is on libtelepathy which crashes for every 5 minutes. Here is the bug report if you wish to follow

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26065

The Following User Says Thank You to Ignacius For This Useful Post: