Notices

Is there one promoted into extra yet? I haven't seen one yet. Just try to keep away from devel or testing.

i downloaded all the integrated msn apps and none worked for me i just put my email & password and nothing happens what might be the problem does anyone know

I know pecan works I have tried it in SDK though. I just want to be safe and install from extra only not from anywhere else.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Unfortunately the builder is broken, see this post.

So packages can't be promoted right now.

I've worked around the maemo builder problem, and managed to promote the latest release of msn-pecan, please try and vote:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...0~rc3-0maemo1/

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
what i dont understand is why is there so many msn's?

i currently use msn haze which works fine and integrates msn chat into my UI.

why would i need msn pecan?

does it work differently to haze in the respect that i as a user would notice a difference?

thanks

@fraanka telepathy-haze uses libpurple, which has a stock msn plugin, telepathy-msn-pecan is telepathy-haze+libpurple+msn-pecan; msn-pecan is another msn plugin for libpurple.

So the only difference from your point of view is the final libpurple plugin used.

Why msn-pecan? because libpurple's stock msn plugin sucks. I know that, because I wrote most of it a long time ago. I've been trying to fix all the issues in msn-pecan.

Anyway, aside from "working better", there are a few extra features, but more importantly; it's more power efficient.

And finally whatever problems you find with it, I will try to fix them... trying to do the same with haze will be much trickier.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to felipec For This Useful Post:
is there any chance for offline messages and concurrent logins at different locations, possible in the near future with msn-pecan ?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I used haze before, but I uninstalled it and installed the "Extra protocol plugins...". Now I have both "MSN IM" and "MSN Haze" in the contact.
I'm using the "MSN IM", but actually which telepathy is that?

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
I used haze before, but I uninstalled it and installed the "Extra protocol plugins...". Now I have both "MSN IM" and "MSN Haze" in the contact.
I'm using the "MSN IM", but actually which telepathy is that?
butterfly...

felipec -> I just tried latest msn-pecan (from -devel). Can't login (network error) so apparently it's still missing an important *feature* compared to haze...

Any way I can debug it?

I don't use MSN that often (and when I do not over long periods of time), so I haven't really noticed any problems with the power consumption.

Regarding butterfly (plain "MSN" plugin) I think it's kinda useless because of this bug.

Haze works fine (not fancy or anything), and if Pecan is indeed an "extended" version of that I guess it's just a matter of time (and bug-fixes) before Pecan rules...

IMHO these functionalities are missing in Haze: blocking people and sending/receiving files.

Last edited by DrWilken; 2010-01-28 at 21:19.