Notices

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Originally Posted by BabylonV2000 View Post
Hi ,

First thanks for the job you did with Extra Decoders .

I have some questions who need answers, there's some codecs my N900 can't read for the moment :

++Real Media in .ram, .rm (cf RealPlayer in http://test.orb.com/streamtest/home.jsp)

++3gp Player (amr & aac) in .sdp (cf 3gp Player in http://test.orb.com/streamtest/home.jsp)

Are these codecs supported by your Extra Decoders ? Else can i expect they'll be supported in the future ?

Thanks for your answer.

Bye.
babylonV2000
No, streaming is not supported, but I'm pretty sure that at least the .RM (as well as RMVB by the way) format is supported if you try playing the file locally. Unfortunately streaming is a different beast and the Media Player is closed-source, so we can't do anything about this.

I'm aware that different modules are responsible for streaming RealMedia content rather than playing it back locally, they are not included, but according to my sources, they will not work anyway.

Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
OK, we have enough votes, now we need to wait 10 days before I can promote this to Extras.

donsaibot:

It's virtually impossible for this package to mess something up, because it's impossible to overwrite decoder libraries from other packages. No vital configuration files are altered in any significant way. I have tested this package by running a clean installation (every dependency of decoders-support removed manually) and everything works fine.

Have you perhaps been messing with other, untested packages, such as subtitles support or other related ones?

I suggest reading the troubleshooting guide and using the information from the "Re-installing from X Terminal" section.
Wow.. i feel stupid.

Reinstalling Subtitle Support fixed my problem.

I'm going to inform the maker of this problem.

Thanks

donsaibot

Originally Posted by donsaibot View Post
Wow.. i feel stupid.

Reinstalling Subtitle Support fixed my problem.

I'm going to inform the maker of this problem.

Thanks

donsaibot
Thanks for finding the offending package, and yes, please inform the author of Subtitles Support. PR1.0 and PR1.1 are unfortunately not compatible when it comes to GStreamer (some stuff has been moved around), so I suspect this is caused by dependencies that are mixing older and newer GStreamer packages. I don't see what is wrong with them at first glance though.

Thank you, Thomas.

I can now play mp4 formatted Videos I purchased on iTunes.

And before you guys get excited, no, I haven't found an app that will play DRM'd video and audio on the N900. I... um... fixed the videos by killing the DRM headers. I paid for the damned things, I should be able to play them on what I want to play them on.

Thanks for finding the offending package, and yes, please inform the author of Subtitles Support. PR1.0 and PR1.1 are unfortunately not compatible when it comes to GStreamer (some stuff has been moved around), so I suspect this is caused by dependencies that are mixing older and newer GStreamer packages. I don't see what is wrong with them at first glance though.
On second thought, a reboot would probably also have fixed your issues. There is nothing wrong with the subtitles support package after closer inspection.

Like i said i rebooted more than once and had the same issue.

Only a reinstall fixed it.

Originally Posted by donsaibot View Post
Like i said i rebooted more than once and had the same issue.

Only a reinstall fixed it.
Strange. Well, I'm happy it worked out for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
yess i confirm that twice reflashed my N900 bcoz of the conflict between the Extra decoders support and the the subtitle support which i need it the most!!!

hope there is anyway to solve this!!
thanx guyz for the great job u r doing over here.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
It will sound silly, but for me everything works so far, even after upddating to PR1.1.

Anyways, what can we expect in future releases?

I tried installing this but it says

Application packages missing: libflac8
libflac8

Can someone help please