Active Topics

the menu is still missing when I entered the terminal command. What new plugins? Are there new icons in the LXDE menu?

Do you think it will go away if I delete the two apps in app manager and then remove the lxde entries in .config?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
@qole: Wow, after I've installed easy-debian, the N900 really turned into the ultimate device I was dreaming of! Thanks!!

As I've posted in a different thread, I have installed cups, which gave the one connectivity I was still missing, namely to my network printers, but I've noticed that I have to manually restart cups after every power-down of the N900 (not otherwise).

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...671#post490671

Perhaps this is the right place to ask for advice, or even have cups as an integral part of easy-devian added to a wishlist.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
andyph666: figured the menu thing out, a fix is coming.

rebhana: you could start cups in the script in the chroot, /var/run/onfirstchroot.rc ... this is a script that runs as root when you first open the chroot.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
rebhana: you could start cups in the script in the chroot, /var/run/onfirstchroot.rc ... this is a script that runs as root when you first open the chroot.
Wow! I was regretting the lack of documentation, but this is so much better: not having to find some hack, but to be adviced by the master himself!

EDIT: Only problem: I can't find /var/run/onfirstchroot.rc ... Do I have to create it?

EDIT2: Yup! I've added this file with content "/etc/init.d/cups restart" and it works!

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-01-23 at 20:21.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ NE-Scotland
More I am playing with it, more I like it!

A small question. I need latex with various packages. Would be possible to make a folder outside of the image and to save latex packages there? would the latex of easy-debian see them? with proper instructions of course!

I think it should without problems, but I would like to avoid to break it, as I would not be able to reinstall it during this weekend

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
after getting:

'unable to install 'easy-deb-chroot'. some application packages required for the installation are missing'

i tried again a few hours later and it worked with no probs,
and im extremely impressed with it!

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Thanks for the update qole. Bar is back again
But looks to me as if the last peace of the network icon is cut off.

Last edited by OptX; 2010-01-24 at 00:04.

I get the same thing but its getting better and better. I don't see a battery icon anywhere as you mentioned one before.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So strange! Now even the 'old' OpenOffice from an unmodified image file is fast and snappy! What has changed?!?

I created a fairly complex document with multiple fonts and tables, saved it, converted it to PDF... and it was a nice experience!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Sounds good. Thanks for all the time you put into it. Any ETA on the new image?

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze