Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
hi,

i already played 4 gba games in my n900. but this time, when i add more games, the gba emulator cannot read the gba roms that i recently added. the file type is correct (.gba), i tried rebooting but nothing happens. how can this be solved? thanks

i had a similar issue. Make sure the extension is gba and not GBA. In a linux system capitalization does matter. If that doesnt solve the issue try selecting the games from the maemo file browser and choose the vgba emulator as the app to open with. If that doesnt work I'd suggest trying the roms on a pc emulator to make sure they are valid roms.

Last edited by lfcobra; 2010-01-24 at 04:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lfcobra For This Useful Post:
Reboot phone worked for me.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@ifcobra: thanks man i just need to open every file manually using file manager and open with vgba

If you get tired of having to select the emulator everytime you want to play a game i wrote a thread on how to associate nes files with iNes and gba files with VGBA, so then you just click on a game and it opens immediately. You can check it out here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40024

If you are familiar with using terminal then it shouldnt be any problem.

heyyy everybody i need help with playing the vgba games on the n900 everytime i try to play a game it says... "ERROR LOADING FILE sorry, but the file you have been trying to load may not be of valid format, or there may be some other problem loading it please restart the app. and choose a different file to load."

can anybody walk me through the process?
thanks.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
Also make sure the gba file isn't corrupt. I do this by running VGBA on the PC first, when the game loads and works then I move it too the device.