Poll: Are You Going To Sell Your N900 When the New Meamo (6) Device Is Released?
Poll Options
Are You Going To Sell Your N900 When the New Meamo (6) Device Is Released?

Originally Posted by viasat View Post
Nope,I'll not sell it,but,if Nokia release an Maemo6 device after sixth months from launching the N900,and they will focus only on Maemo 6,N900 will be my last Nokia device ever,I swear!I already skipped N97 ,and I bought Samsung I8910hd,and in December,when N900 appear in my country,I decided to give Nokia products one more chance(the last one).Let's hope and see whats next.
Cheers
Samsung, HTC, SE, they are all the same. One upgrade to make it work as it was supposed to and that's it. Then you have to get a new device. Nokia is much better, if you purchase a popular product, like the N95 or 5800 or some E series.

But, it seems more and more evident that the N900 is purely a stop gap solution to keep the tech enthusiasts happy because of aging and limited N800/810. Neither the OS or the HW built quality is good enough for the mass market. Besides, apps written with Qt will probably be very easy to convert to Maemo 6. As far as I'm concerned, I have always purchased a new phone within a year in any case, and I don't think this will change anytime soon.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
I'm for sure keeping mine, nothing wrong with it. So much better than my old phone. It looks like i'll have to keep my Itouch in the same bag for now but that's ok.
I too am in the keyboard camp,and now that I have one, I really like it.

this is my first nokia and i'm equally amazed and disappointed so it all depends on nokia itself

The Following User Says Thank You to bald.eagle.one For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
I'll keep my n900 and probably buy the new device if there's some hardware/size improvements
(e.g. cpu >= 1GHz, autonomy really improved, ...)
BUT I for sure will keep the n900 as a replacement device and/or pocket computer.
At least it will be a collection phone ^^

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Eight to Ten months away? Who knows where I will be or what I will be doing? Far, far to far ahead to consider this sort of question.
Thats EXACTLY what i was thinking about

Soooo im going with no.3

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Originally Posted by REMFwhoopitydo View Post
No.

Because:
I expect Maemo 6 on my n900
I want my next Mameo device to use dual-core Arm A9 + more powerful OpenGL SGX core.
That would be no earlier than summer 2011... by that time OMAP5 will already be announced for 2014!

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
bah, if the N900 stays as it is now and a much better N90x turns up with a not alpha-beta Maemo6, you can have my N900 i would feel like ripping someone off to sell this as a good micro computer/phone.

What happens with N900 is what will steer my decisions later regarding Nokia.

I allways got Nokia for its top notch synch and bluetooth handeling. I had a E60 N70 both those lacked the option to make a shortcut to the "more apps folder" directly to the descktop, this is Maemo ... same story. Same goes for the Camera lens cover when you have the phone in your pocket, you push it open by accident and who want the phone to get active in their pocket? N70 and N900. Finally navigation, but no that was a bluff to. It dosen't matter for me what people i don't know on a community forum says about the age and Maemo is new. Nokia is the ONE who must speak with a straight spine. about what is going to happen with Maemo5 or if it is left in the hands of volunteers from now on.

Last edited by inidrog; 2010-01-25 at 17:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to inidrog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i've never sold any of my old phones (or tablets) when i got a new one. usually the new device cannot do everything as good as the old one could, so it's good to have them both.

Nope. Won't be changing devices for at least 2 years.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Nope... Unless there are at least 5 news things that current N900 cannot do :>