Notices

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
Ok tried putting it through the Auto-builder but it fails, not really sure why either, errors out when trying to run clean.

https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...log.FAILED.txt
Well, here's the error msg:
Code:
rm BeautifulSoup.pyc BeautifulSoupTests.pyc
/scratchbox/tools/bin/rm: cannot remove `BeautifulSoup.pyc': No such file or directory
/scratchbox/tools/bin/rm: cannot remove `BeautifulSoupTests.pyc': No such file or directory
make: *** [clean] Error 1
So check the "rules" file in ${Path_to_your_package}/Debian/
and find out why the "rm" is placed there.

At least I would start to search there.

Cheers
Bjoern

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Yeah I've looked at that, its in the clean part of the Make file.
It seems to run fine on my SDK, I could remove it and test it, but I don't really know if its required. I wouldn't of thought the clean script is needed when only 2 files are being copied across.

ok, worked part of it out, seems that when it goes through the autobuilder its not generating the compiled python files .pyc and this is why its erroring out. So I am guessing I'm not including something in the autobuilder that is on my SDK.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Make "rm" in your rules file "rm -f". This will ensure that rm does not exit with a status code that != 0, causing make to exit and your build to fail. Depending on when the "clean" target was invoked, those pyc files may exist.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-01-28 at 10:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Python compiles the modules on runtime. So apparently there is no need to precompile the modules.

If you want you can precompile (Byte-compile) the modules, which will speed up their loading time, but IMHO this should be done by the installer (at least it is handled this way in Gentoo ebuilds).

But you should avoid placing stuff in the .dep file which happened to be created during testing (like the .pyc files, backup files from editor etc...)

Cheers
Bjoern

The Following User Says Thank You to blubbi For This Useful Post:
ok, I'll give these a shot later tonight and see how it turns out.

Just strange that my SDK is generating the .pyc and the auto-builder isn't.

I've changed a few commands in the make file to list the contents out so I can see this.

Cheers