Poll: How Many times have you had to reflash your N900?
Poll Options
How Many times have you had to reflash your N900?

2, once once to update from pre-production firmware to PR1, then due to playing around with custom kernel and modules managed to mess stuff up and instead of taking the time to clean it up manually just reflashed rootfs (and formatted memory cards just to be sure)

Just kernels I've been flashing back and forth a plenty. But that doesn't count as reflash since I'm not restoring the device to a "factory" firmware setup.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hastings, East Sussex, UK
0 times had since december also.

1 time... updated firmware

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
0 times. Have had the device for about 5 weeks. May have to do it in next fw release if I don't get enough free space.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
0 times, even tho I'm heavily messing with its internals - I just take the careful approach.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
0 for me

0. got my device in december.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
Those of you with 0 reflashes, do you have apps installed from extras-dev & testing?
If so what/ how many (approx)
I'm not at all sure what apps I've got from the normal extras repo and what's come from devel and testing repos - I don't really keep track. A few, I think, but nothing really adventurous

I haven't installed any of the emulators or stuff like Quake.

I had fennec installed and its xulrunner lib, but uninstalled them fairly soon after. Also tried proximityd, camkeyd, and shortcutd. I'll be re-installing one of those soon. I was an fm-radio early adopter. A few others have come and gone.

I'm taking "flash" to mean via USB, btw - I did the 1.0.1 update OTA and I'm not counting that.

Anyway here's pretty much what I've got installed at the moment.

accdisplay, bash, burgerspace, clipboard-manager, conboy, conky, countdown-home, cpumem-applet, decoders-support, dicejinni, diffmo, dosbox, eff-content-fonts, exif, eyes-widget, file, findmine, fmradio, free42, gnuchess, gonvert, gpe-sudoku, gpsjinni, gweled, hexedit, irreco-backend-internal-lirc, irreco-core, irreco-for-n900, less, lighttpd, liqbase-playground, liqcontrolpanel, liqflow, liqpostcard, liqtorch, lirc, mathjinni, mbarcode, mc, n900-fmrx-enabler, ohm, ohm-plugin-prolog, ohm-plugin-resolver, ohm-plugins-misc, omweather, omweather-icons-shiny, omweather-weather-com-stations-db, onedotzero, openssh-client, openssh-common, openssh-server, openssl, osm2go, packageview, personal-ip-address, personal-photo-frame, pidgin, pidgin-maemo-docklet, pool, pyrecipe, qalculate, qalculate-maemo, qtirreco, quickclip, raeddit, recorder, rootsh, simple-brightness-applet, sliderule, sopwith, speccy, stopwatch, strace, tcpdump, telnet, tennix, traceroute, ttf-droid, tubes, tuner, unzip, vim, wget, zoutube

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-27 at 00:43. Reason: strap

Would be zero if i hadnt been trying to get a couple of programs installed from places other than the extras or devel.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
16 NULL ZERO NADA Votes! (Just those with real zero flashes with those for update 19...) that makes something like 45% Zero 50% 1-5 and 5% not countable for now...