Active Topics

Just had a look into IPv6 in my Airport Express, unfortunately it cannot be turned off. But does anyone know of any reason why my N900 would suddenly "drop the ball" when it comes to WIFI?

Right quick update!

My N900 now connects to my Home Network
I just disabled the Auto-retrieve IP Address option and manually inputted the correct IP address etc. The only problem with this is that this has to be done for every WIFI network that I want to connect to. Which to say the least is annoying.

Roll on the next firmware update. Keep up the good work Nokia. We can always rely on you to be unreliable.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
You must been quite busy Rich999 going around world and testing every Wifi network on this planet and veriyfying that none of those work :P (in your case i would have done re-flash hours ago if that is case)

I have some problems also with wpa+mschap2 peap wifi networks, but my home wifi works as before and couple of others.

Hey guys i'm experiencing a problem with my wifi connection. It takes ages for a webpage to load when i'm a bit far away from my home router. When i'm close it's quite fast. I can not call it bad reception since the signal is not very poor and my phone shows one line of wifi reception.My ipod touch works just as fast as when i'm close to the router. Would a reflash help? Thanks.

I have an airport express also, and have not had your problems. I agree a reflashing sounds necessary. I have noticed that auto switching between wifi/3G is not as quick or seemless as before the update.

I cannot say, that the PR1.1 was responsible, but I face similar problems.
I have 4 Wlan routers: Siemens works normal, on two Zyxel routers, the N900 is not connecting or very rarely (1:20). Another router (?) is not working either. Here it says it cannot retrieve the IP adress. The iphone and laptops work all fine.
Disabling power safe didn't help.
Also, I uninstalled the "Wifi switcher" App from the phone.
Terrible, I need Wlan, my GSM data plan of 250 MB is used before the end of the Month with this phone !

check to see if your router is caching device names, my homehub had a list, and everytime maemo updated, it added another device, with the same mac address, caused chaos here, for 2 N900's but every other device in house worked perfectly.

Required me deleting the extra devices on the homehub.

I thought it was PR1.1 too, until I found out what was going on, although you could say, I didn't have a problem until PR1.1 was loaded, just its my router that needed fixing.......

Tags
pr1.1 has ruined my life, shitware