Active Topics

Notices

Incredibly stupid question: can someone link me to where I can download this?

Sorry, only two weeks in with my N900.

Originally Posted by jasallis3 View Post

Sorry, only two weeks in with my N900.
The most simple way is by enabling the devel and extra testing repositories, you need to read up on what those are and the associated risks.

Basically if you get anything from there your a beta tester

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Hossie View Post
Really? He was given a free N900 months ago. He doenst respond on questions about Maemo support. He only implements features with much less votes on Uservoice.

How do you know he is on it?
That story of Janole being given a N900 was incorrect, he had not, I got that answer from Janole himself...

As for Gravity, check out his support forums, I made a feature request for Maemo 5 support which has since rocketed to #1 request (people can vote for their favorite feature request) and recently Janole updated the status of that feature request...to 'pending'...and hes talking alot about it on his twitter account, which I also follow.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I stil definitely can't get any more than 20 tweets. I'm giong in search of whatever the extra-very-latest version is in the hope that that will unfankle something. Since it's ony me, it's clearly a very minor fankle!

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
Originally Posted by jasallis3 View Post
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
The most simple way is by enabling the devel and extra testing repositories, you need to read up on what those are and the associated risks.

Basically if you get anything from there your a beta tester
I would say only enable Extras-testing, I have found the apps there to be quite stable (and the idea is that you are doing beta testing then you go and vote to enable the app to be promoted to Extras).
Extras-devel is for the hard-core alpha testers, and should really be left for the more experienced people (as bugs at that level could require re-flashing the device!)

I also use http://dabr.co.uk which works really well, especially with the new portrait browser mode

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by evil_m0nkey View Post
now thats a good feature.

how about

- we click on the tweet
and then it goes forward to a new page, where we can reply, re tweet, dm from there. Kind of like logpost.
I'm kind of curious what the benefit of this is over the current approach? I quite like at the momen tthat it scrolls the tweet you tapped on into view, so you can see it whilst you user the buttons. What would you be looking to gain by switching to a new page?
- rather than giving the option of color, make it theme baes, like how gpodder lists everything
I'm not quite sure how yet, but I am considering how to effectively support themes. Such that the current icons and colours would be the default theme, but maybe make it easier for people to bundle up different icons and colour settings for their own themes. needs some careful thinking about
-portrait mode
yikes, no idea how to do this, I guess I'd have to think about all different buttons layouts to work in portrait.

Again, these are my 2 cents. I absolutely love the app. Look forward to recieving updates. Keep up the excellent work
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
Portrait mode...now that would be a celebrated featute...and would put your app in a whole new league as its a desired feature many want on the N900, and very very few apps do.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I stil definitely can't get any more than 20 tweets. I'm giong in search of whatever the extra-very-latest version is in the hope that that will unfankle something. Since it's ony me, it's clearly a very minor fankle!
You are not alone. I can't seem to get more than 20 tweets either.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
tested the getting 'extra' tweets over the last days.
I can only recieve 20 OR 200 tweets when requested.
The buttons in between those 2 doesn't seem to work with me either.
Am using Witter as my main Twitter app.
Have only one bug or issue; time-stamps are still one hour less then actual time, I'm from the Netherlands so that's AMS-time.
Was wondering if more people have this issue, or is it just me?

would it be possible to add a 'add to favorite' tabb too?,
am missing this option in daily use.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see new updates.

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by mscarrot View Post
tested the getting 'extra' tweets over the last days.
I can only recieve 20 OR 200 tweets when requested.
The buttons in between those 2 doesn't seem to work with me either.
I'll do some investigation and see if I can spot an obvious problem, I'm pretty sure I tried all of these and they worked, but I may have broken things again.
Am using Witter as my main Twitter app.
Have only one bug or issue; time-stamps are still one hour less then actual time, I'm from the Netherlands so that's AMS-time.
Was wondering if more people have this issue, or is it just me?
currently in witter I do nothing at all with timestamps, I simply pull it from the message as it comes from twitter. To do more than that I can feel there might be a world of pain. I literally don't even treat them as timestamps at the moment just text.
One question though, are you using basic auth or oauth? At the moment basic auth still uses my own code for talking to twitter, and oauth uses the python-twitter library. It's possible that if you aren't using oauth yet, then doing so would resolve this issue, *if* the python-twitter library does more than me around timestamps.
would it be possible to add a 'add to favorite' tabb too?,
am missing this option in daily use.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see new updates.
I have honestly never used the favorite mechanism in twitter, and hence had not considered implementing it.
I'm wary of adding more tabs just because there are already a lot of controls. I'll guess I'll think about it, but honestly it is not high on my internal list of things that need doing.

For those that are interested in what the main things on that list are...
I'm working on bit.ly integration, to automatically expand bit.ly urls in my received tweets (currently working) and then support shortedning urls from a menu button probably.

better preferences - I've overhauled the preferences option to be a stacked window with pannable area, added a section for bit.ly credentials, swapped all the refresh interval controls to be touch selectors and generally made it easier for me to add new preferences.

once the above is all working I'll upload a version.

theme-support, I'd like to get it to the point that colour selection + icons can be bundled into a theme which makes it possible to create and separately distribute extra themes.

Account management - I'd like to tidy all this up into a sensible panel which let syou configure multiple twitter/ indentica/custom accounts. as well as bit.ly creds in one place. This requires a big change in the logic to support multiple log ins etc. but I can see the usefulness.

Lists support - Whilst I still don't really want to do avatars, I can see that lists address some of the issues that people have without avatars, namely the ability to focus in on specific subsets of their friends in an easy way.

I expect all of this to keep me busy for a long time. And if I get any good information on how to make better use of graphics libraries to speed things up, that will probably jump to the top of the list.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwould For This Useful Post:

Tags
python, twitter