Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Screen size should be at least the size of A4 paper
I insist on at least Letter (8.5"x11") size!

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
They could call it 'N900'.
If only the N900 would have at least twice the screen size.
And if only more advanced Software would exist. Like iWorks, OfiiceViewer should be a "full" KOffice. The mediaplayer should be more like amarok ...

Last edited by gusch5; 2010-01-28 at 00:28. Reason: spelling

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
A 9.7 inc screen size is too huge for a phone and too small for a tablet. Perhaps they could make a phone with and expandable screen when in "tablet mode".

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I want something Kindle 2 sized, but color. Something I can do mind-mapping on, and read books, and that does speech to text fluently.

The Ipad came out today and my facebook is flushed with status about how people wants it. The device suck, iPad does not supported Flash (WT????), my N900 does B-). It's just a bigger iPhone. (I just have to say it out).

By the way, I think the N900 is doing a great jobs as a internet tablet

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Anything the iPad can do, Linux can do better.

"The Apple iPad has finally arrived, and, as I predicted a while back, it's really just a big iPod Touch. That's great. I love my iPod Touch. But, really, is there anything here that Linux can't do just as well for less money?"

I think 10 inch is to big prob 7-9.

Running maemo 5 or 6 would def be nice

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
IMO the Ipad is useless. N900 has so much more functionality.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
I think that a Tablet with Maemo OS make much more sense than Tablet with phone OS.

Regards.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
I have the N900, an HP Mini netbook, and a dell xps m1330. now tell me where would a tablet fit into my life? I really dont know what I could do with the tablet that I couldnt do with my N900? seriously guys Apple has a way of creating a device of lust. Get over the lust and ask your self how will a 10 inch tablet fit into your life. Its too big to carry around, its also not pocketable which means you are mostly be using it indoors. (probably a kitchen/bed side device) but I can always use my N900 for that. Ok if you really want something apple, Just get the Iphone and u can be sure to get better value for your buck. Its an ipad nano which can fit your pocket and can also make calls. The Ipod touch is also more compelling cheaper and also more pocketable. So again where does the ipad fit in?

Its nothing but an object of lust with little real life usefulness

My Blog

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post: