Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
So, since I'm collecting this data anyway - that is, how much hours I'm using on various tasks as maemo.org distmaster I thought I would share them with the community as well.

This is because there's only so much status updates and blog posts can say, but this is the material I'm actually invoicing for and I have to be able to stand in for this professionally. Since I'm interested in community transparency, well, here they are.

My contractual obligation in November-December-January was 80 hours per month of own choice - I had a master's thesis to finish. For February and forth I'll be having 120 hours per month.

As distmaster, I do do some internal tasks and I've reserved my right to replace the description of those with (Internal task), since my role is sitting on the fence between internal and community.

I will probably be adding more updates to this thread as I invoice monthly. This thread is not meant as pressure for others in maemo.org to do the same (they might not have same systems to report to as I do), but just for me to publish this information as it would be mostly wasted in a drawer somewhere otherwise.

Without further delay, check out my hour sheet for November, December and January 2010 at http://stskeeps.subnetmask.net/maemo...-novdecjan.pdf
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Thanks for doing this keepsie! I appreciate it. I am a little embarrassed that I didn't think of this. In any case, I will follow Stskeep's lead an publish my hours here. I am releasing every half hour that I worked for maemo.org in the last year.

Please note that I have a contract with Nemien which is why they are mentioned in the pdf.

I went through this document and I think there is nothing specific to my NDA or that would somehow jeopardize maemo.org in any way. If something like that is spotted please let me know.

My original contract with Nokia was for up to 120 hours per month but the upcoming / current contract is for up to 80 hours a month.

Feel free to post any questions or comments here.

http://jeremiahfoster.com/hours-for-nemien.pdf

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jeremiah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Thanks for your work and for posting this. Where can we find the openness reports?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Thanks for your work and for posting this. Where can we find the openness reports?
Due out any day now - I'd like to write a blog explaining it properly first and I'm in the middle of my thesis defense properation right now
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Tags
transparency