Notices

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
I would like also to see Chromium running on n900. How do you build it, do you follow googles instructions or what?
Just copy packages from ubuntu ppa to OBS to see if they build for arm :P

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Near Paris, France
chromium is running on the touch book ( http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/wiki/index.php/Roadmap ) (omap 3 cpu too) so it should be possible to compile it for the n900 too ...

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Katzburg View Post
The Linux version of Chrome is now (10 december 2009) available. Is it possible to port it now?
From some reason, I can't install the 386i deb version in Easy-Debian... why?

Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
From some reason, I can't install the 386i deb version in Easy-Debian... why?
Because it's for i386 architecture and you'd need it built for ARM, most likely.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by slux View Post
Because it's for i386 architecture and you'd need it built for ARM, most likely.
But isn't that the hole point of Easy Debian? That I can install packages targeted x86 cpu ?

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
But isn't that the hole point of Easy Debian? That I can install packages targeted x86 cpu ?
No easy debian uses the armel port of debian.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to filologen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Cluj, RO
I've been looking for a Google Chrome port for my N900 because I use it at home and it's awesome. Thanks for the port!

Yes, one can zoom in with ctr+fn + -/+
The Touch plugin works alright. Also installed Adblock and Flashblock.

One can type small-caps using Shift, and indeed that could use some fixing, along with exiting full-screen.

Smallcaps works automatically when entering passwords.

Xorg seems to be working up the processor quite a bit, it's probably the reason the page is not reponsive while loading.

Overall, 6/10 for now, but the fixes would make it 10/10

Last edited by VladNistor; 2010-04-11 at 15:20. Reason: New info to add about smallcaps & passwords

Anyone know how to get rid of the highlight thingy on Chromium, its acting as if im using a cursor. As opposed to MicroB's browser where when you touch the screen it scrolls instead of highlighting..

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Anyone know how to get rid of the highlight thingy on Chromium, its acting as if im using a cursor. As opposed to MicroB's browser where when you touch the screen it scrolls instead of highlighting..
You need to install the Touch extension for it to scroll, it works on web pages, but not on the settings page, it very quick and very fast scrolling. I have 3 extensions so far that work for give info but crashes the browser when trying to open the page from the extension; GV NOTIFIER and WAVE NOTIFER.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Somewhere out West
The Iron browser http://www.srware.net/en/software_sr...me_vs_iron.php is very good its the Chrome browser -minus big Brother (Google). I would like more privacy in my browser. That company all ready knows too much, Dammit G! that wasn't me you can't prove any thing!!

Tags
browser, chrome, google, webkit