Active Topics

Hi,
Maybe many of you already knew them but I am sure that it will be helpful to someone if you give tips, keyboard shortcuts etc. that you've discovered on N900 (os, browser etc.). I start with one which i've just found

If you use hardware keyboard, pressing ctrl+left arrow or ctrl+right arrow cycles forward and backward between form inputs in browser just like tab and shift+tab combination on pc.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
That's interesting, thank you b666m!

But there's at least one thing there that doesn't work for me: Ctrl+space is supposed to switch between Input languages, but I have turned on dual dictionaries, and when I press Ctrl+space I'm sent to the task switcher, just like when pressing Ctrl+backspace..

Originally Posted by forteller View Post
That's interesting, thank you b666m!

But there's at least one thing there that doesn't work for me: Ctrl+space is supposed to switch between Input languages, but I have turned on dual dictionaries, and when I press Ctrl+space I'm sent to the task switcher, just like when pressing Ctrl+backspace..
Interesting... I also have on dual dictionaries, but Ctrl+Space switches my languages.

Does it give you any feedback (a message or sound) that it has changed dictionaries?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
My favourite shortcut is ctrl-backspace. Brilliant !

I just found out that Ctrl+Space for me switches between my two latest open apps. I thought it only did the same thing as Ctrl+Backspace because I only had one app open when I tried it last.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ n.j , u.s.a
i also have the same problem with Ctrl+Space (change between english and greek) even i get the notification that " input language switched " the letters are in english. No matter which language is 1st or 2nd on text input settings.
Any help???

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
In Maemo 5 really switch work only on Russian layout.
You can redefine "ru" section in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 and set in keyboard applet layout to russian

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Does anyone know if it's possible to have a shortcut to switch between open apps? Something like Alt-Tab for windows? It would be very useful

The Following User Says Thank You to 6sicSIX For This Useful Post: