Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
I noticed that there are some new features with google maps, such as routes can now be calculated to avoid highways. Any chance of adding that in a minor release if it hasn't?
Yeah, I'd love to add it. How do I use these new features? I don't see them on maps.google.com ...

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Yeah, I'd love to add it. How do I use these new features? I don't see them on maps.google.com ...
You might try adding
Code:
dirflg=h
to the routing query (whatever that means).

Originally Posted by rhtme52 View Post
You might try adding
Code:
dirflg=h
to the routing query (whatever that means).
Oh, I see it on maps.google.com now - I must have had an old version cached or something. (?) Anyway, it seems easy to implement, so I'll get right on it.

Oh, I see it on maps.google.com now - I must have had an old version cached or something. (?) Anyway, it seems easy to implement, so I'll get right on it.
The option to avoid highways has been added to the GPX Driving Directions web service. The next version of Maemo Mapper will include this capability. Until then, you can use the HTML page.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
The option to avoid highways has been added to the GPX Driving Directions web service. The next version of Maemo Mapper will include this capability. Until then, you can use the HTML page.
not trying to pile on, but is there a possibility to do "avoid toll roads" or "shortest/fastest route" alternatives as well?
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Originally Posted by brendan View Post
not trying to pile on, but is there a possibility to do "avoid toll roads" or "shortest/fastest route" alternatives as well?
Thats not so much a function of Maemo Mapper, but more of google maps. I would post a request to google. One good place to post is here: http://groups.google.com/group/Googl...584755fdc99ccd

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Europe > Mediterranean Sea > Majorca Island
I've become crazy with one Holux GPSLim236 Bluetooth. Sometimes, when I enable it Maemo Mapper goes to 95% CPU usage and was inusable because doesn't refresh screen.

Today I've seen the reason: the problem appears only when the GPSLim236 unit is connected to USB in order to charge it.

(thanks for this great program

Regards.

this is top notch application. thanks a bunch.

today i tried it out for the first time with GPS receiver and i was amazed.

if i was given a test drive with MM vs Navicore before hand i would have paid money for MM and ditched Navicore! i think i should donate.

of course i was using google maps.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Originally Posted by james.bottomtooth View Post
of course i was using google maps.
"Of course?" Try VE Streets; you might be pleasantly surprised. Not much difference at the most detailed level, but for the city/region views, I find them graphically clearer than Google Maps. VE Hybrid (aerial photos with overlaid labels) on the N800 is pretty cool too.

Maemo Mapper makes it easy to bounce back and forth between downloaded map sets for direct comparison, or to suit different needs.

Since you responded to the last request so fast, I thought I would ask for another! I set the info font to x-large, and sometmes the directions are so long that he text box that appears in the upper right hand corner covers the middle of the screen, thereby obscuring the upcoming turn. (Also, tthe text sometimes varies the location of the line breaks on a 1 or 2 second interval, which makes it hard to read).

So my request is this: can you stretch the text box across the entire top of the screen, instead of just the top right? Then I could use the xx-large font!!!

As always, thanks in advance.

Howard