Active Topics

once i added the facebook plugin and enabled the account I only see a few of my facebook contacts. why would this be. are there setting for plugin or in facebook that affect this?

I tried the Facebook chat and it was really neat and worked as expected at first - but then I started noticing that as I am simultaneously logged into Facebook from my desktop web browser, that session gets continuously logged out as long as I have the IM part in N900 enabled. That's not nice.

i updated to v0.8 this morning but in IM accounts facebook is not there, anyone shed any light on the subjuct plz? ta

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
i updated to v0.8 this morning but in IM accounts facebook is not there, anyone shed any light on the subjuct plz? ta
Same here, after installling also Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts everything worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Originally Posted by felipec View Post
The confusion goes beyond that because Extra Protocol Plugins For Conversations And Contacts 0.8 actually includes both:
  • Pidgin Protocols Plugin For Conversations And Contacts 0.8 (includes msn)
  • MSN Protocol Plugin For Conversations And Contacts 0.8
Really? I always thought only MSN Protocol Plugin for Conversations and Contacts is part of Extra Protocol Plugins for Conversations and Contacts where both uses telepathy-butterfly for MSN, while Pidgin Protocols Plugin for Conversations and Contacts uses telepathy-haze on the other hand. Packages included in both "Extra Protocol Plugins for Conversations and Contacts" and "Pidgin Protocols Plugin for Conversations and Contacts" are different as well.

@biggzy: have you tried restarting the device after the update? Try apt-get update then apt-upgrade in xterm if you still don't see the plugin for facebook

Last edited by hwong_pz; 2010-01-31 at 20:55.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
The confusion goes beyond that because Extra Protocol Plugins For Conversations And Contacts 0.8 actually includes both:
What does that mean?
If I installed Extra Protocol Plugins For Conversations And Contacts 0.8, which MSN I need to use? Pidgin MSN or the other one?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
What does that mean?
If I installed Extra Protocol Plugins For Conversations And Contacts 0.8, which MSN I need to use? Pidgin MSN or the other one?
Only MSN Plugin for Conversations and Contacts is included in Extra Protocol Plugins for Conversations and Contacts.

You can see all packages actually installed if you go Application Manager > Uninstall > Extra Plugin for Conversations and Contacts > Details. You'll find MSN Plugin for Conversations and Contacts inside

getting same issue with non persistance of merged facebook contacts

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Does this mean If I install Extra Protocol Plugins For Conversations And Contacts 0.8, I am really just installing both of those, and there is nothing different from the pidgin plugin?

Originally Posted by hwong_pz View Post
@biggzy: have you tried restarting the device after the update? Try apt-get update then apt-upgrade in xterm if you still don't see the plugin for facebook
yes tried rebooting 4 times, what does apt-get update and apt-upgrade actualy do? thanx

Tags
facebook chat n900 maemo