Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
i agree. the power and lock buttons definitely shouldve been in each others places!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youngcalihottie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
What do you mean by "swap functionality"? At the moment there are at least three diffrent ways of unlocking the phone:
1. Using the unlock button on the side.
2. Slide the keyboard opened.
3. Pressing on the power button.
2. is ok.!
swapping 1 and 3. That is pressing the power button unlocks or locks the device like lock/unlock switch. And the lock/unlock switch pops up the power menu(when not on standby) and giving the slide unlock on screen.

I think this is great idea. It is really annoying to lock the device after answered phone call, for example in the car - then the lock button is on the bottom and its impossible to reach it without flipping the phone in the hand. And the power button is then right below my thumb waiting to be pushed...

Another thing is that whole device is upside down... the lock switch should be on the opposite side, and the headphone jack too. But its hardware issue, to be hopefully fixed in N910

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Quickly pressing the power-button twice locks the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to mwerle For This Useful Post:
I think this is a great idea, it means that I can unlock the phone with one hand.

I think another solution is to have double press to lock which is already the case and double press to unlock without the "swipe to unlcok". This also means there is less likely chance the phone will unlock in your pockets.

The power button is still in a handy place for switching profiles, ending tasks etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TooMuchMoney For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney View Post
I think another solution is to have double press to lock which is already the case and double press to unlock without the "swipe to unlcok". This also means there is less likely chance the phone will unlock in your pockets.

The power button is still in a handy place for switching profiles, ending tasks etc.
I hope this is made totally configurable, personally I would like to have
single click: unlocks phone. No more stupid swipe to unlock screen
double click: unlocks the phone and launches the phone app

Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney View Post

yes thts another solution!!

anyone with any ideas...this really is important/!

One thing that i like is it show time and date always handy & quick to access ( dont carry watch ) really like it
But yes, i think clicking twice power button to unlock would be very helpful and make it kind of logical when you have already same way to lock the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post: