Active Topics

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Midlands UK
i too am having the same problem i can whip up the slider and the cpu is allready flat out?.Forgive my newbness (is that a word?) but just wondering if theres such a thing as a task manager which will tell me whats hogging my expensive chip lol.I can sometimes suffer no response from the screen for upto 5 seconds, seems a long time when NOTHING at all is happening.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
There are two problems I have with my N900:
1) *Sometimes* I have to touch few times the menu button to make it open. First touch sets the focus on the button but nothing happens. I have to touch few more times to get it to open. I think it depends of how hard you press on the screen.
2) Same as number 1, in the browser, when you try to click on a link.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Curious, how much memory on the device have you used? I will flood my device to try and recreate some of the scenarios

Im not seing anything that makes the device unresponsive either (But i dont even know what the indexer is?)

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
There are two problems I have with my N900:
1) *Sometimes* I have to touch few times the menu button to make it open. First touch sets the focus on the button but nothing happens. I have to touch few more times to get it to open. I think it depends of how hard you press on the screen.
2) Same as number 1, in the browser, when you try to click on a link.
Yep same thing happening here. Maybe 1/20 on desktop menus when swtiching between programs and 1/10 on browser. What is weird is that It just sometimes registers long press but when you try to click single link it just doesnt register it or just selects link.

.edit
I think not all people register this behaviour because they just keep clicking again and again until program launches or link gets clicked and it doesnt bother them. For me one missed tap by touch screen drives me already nuts

Last edited by slender; 2010-02-01 at 18:16.

can some one give me the command to use in terminal to show system resorces?.Could be my own fault.Aint got a clue how to use terminal, like i said (complete Newb lol).

Im not having the above issue, i occasionally experience something close in the browser though but i think its down to me just missing.

Run a screen calbration?

stig i think its "top"

or htop for the terminal, will check it out now.

EDIT:Confirmed, type top into terminal

Last edited by Catacylsm; 2010-02-01 at 18:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by slender View Post
For me one missed tap by touch screen drives me already nuts
Same here. There are buttons (and links) that don't even need to keep the focus, like the menu button. If I click on that area, I want it open! I understand that the items in a list need to have the focus, but when is one button, there is no need to have 2 events, one for the focus and one for the action.

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
right typed top into terminal, only one problem.I dont speak double dutch lol.Any idea how i understand what its saying to me.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Sorry for being mildly off-topic, but ... you thought you had problems? Try a 90 minute boot time! http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...480#post504480

Haha, ok PID is program ID, you can use this to kill tasks with terminal too when you learn the commands.

USER is well from where the program is running im guessing, kind of like windows, you have system and username processes, so im guessing root is system and user is user.

STAT and RSS, not a clue,

Mem% and CPU% self explanitory really, the memory and cpu amount used.

And command is the program that is running i believe,

Hmm curious i've just noticed how settled down my device is, cpu usage spot on 2%?

After being on two days it seems to have really smoothened itself nicely.

KWOT thats awesome.

Last edited by Catacylsm; 2010-02-01 at 18:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:

Tags
you're a mess