Active Topics

Poll: Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?
Poll Options
Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ZAgreb,Croatia
I have like 3 ''white'' pixels, and 1 is bigger then other 2. They are noticeable only on black background. I will try to fix it with that video, I hope it will help-

Originally Posted by whc View Post
Got my N900 back today, from second time a the service shop, now it is how it should be, tight slider, with minimum flex (or none at all), no dust, no dead pixels, man finally it is time to get real use of my N900.

This is what they swapped the two times it has been in for service, total of 22 days:

Slide Flex Assey
LCD AM 800X480 LTPS CO CAUCASUS N900
A-Cover Assey
Touch Window Assey N900
Screw M1 4x2.8 Black
Good to hear.

Tbh, Some flex seems normal here.
It doesnt flex when open ( flexes a little when closed )

But i just cant be bothered to send back, I got my stuck pixel fixed and dont wanna risk getting a worse one.

Hi,
got about three new pixels stuck (at first only had two ones), it feels like the phone is not only getting stuck pixels at the manufacturing but also later on. I am really afraid that this will continue and I would get more and more stuck pixels.
The video thing does not work. Maybe someone tried the method of pressing the point on the screen where the stuck pixel is with something sharp, while playing the video? Some guides say it might help, although this is a touch screen so I'm not sure.
I'm in Israel so sending it back would cost a fortune. Really dunno what to do...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
ive got 1 black pixel, been there from day 1, unless its dirt?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
No dust, no dead pixels, bought the N900 in mid-December. This is from a batch, which landed in the US.

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

everythings ok in here...no dead pixel

i have 2 bright see-through cirlces in my screen, the inside of these 2 cirlces are significantly brighter than the rest of the screen, you can really see it when looking at bright colors or an all white background,
does anyone else have the same problem? or know what this might be caused by or a way to fix it>?

mine is also ok...no dead pixel...nothing...

Two bright pixels on mine. Not very happy about. Should have known I would get something crappy about it. Nokia's top of the line phones are always a disappointment quality wise. My Nokia E90 screen was damaged by the faulty keyboard design.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
At time of writing, 34.55% of voters in this poll have a dead or stuck pixel! I assume the real numbers aren't that high. Can people who don't have dead/stuck pixels please vote too, to make the numbers less frightening.

Last edited by pelago; 2010-02-22 at 23:05.

Tags
stop the pixel genocide!!, who is murdering pixels??