Active Topics

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Suffolk, UK
just bought a second battery from Amazon UK for the N900 here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-BL-5J-...242994&sr=1-17

very cheap, genuine and also, once charged, xterm reports a 100% charge!! not bad for a fiver chaps! oh, communication was great and free delivery took 3 working days.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wes79 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Bought one. It came in an envelope with no other packaging. Fairly certain is non-genuine (good fake). Only lasts about 7hrs.
You get what you pay for..

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Yep, me too - they're going back today. They look to hold enough charge but only report being 631mAh, so mess up the battery status indicator (it stays at 100% until the battery is nearly empty). The holograms don't look as good as the original battery either (they don't have the same depth), so I strongly suspect they're not genuine. The Nokia UK website has a battery check page but it doesn't work. I get exactly the same useless result from anything I enter there (tried the new batteries, the original battery, a random string of text) - just an orange diamond with an exclamation mark.

Originally Posted by mwerle View Post
Only lasts about 7hrs. You get what you pay for..
7 Hours ? It is better than the genuine one

The Following User Says Thank You to StormBlast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
lol - I got one from the bay. Was about £10. Lasts same as the one that came with the phone - about 14 hrs tops.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Yep, me too - they're going back today. They look to hold enough charge but only report being 631mAh, so mess up the battery status indicator (it stays at 100% until the battery is nearly empty). The holograms don't look as good as the original battery either (they don't have the same depth), so I strongly suspect they're not genuine. The Nokia UK website has a battery check page but it doesn't work. I get exactly the same useless result from anything I enter there (tried the new batteries, the original battery, a random string of text) - just an orange diamond with an exclamation mark.
because it must be 900mAh. This comes bundled with 5800 xpress music i guess..

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
I bought two of those. They seem to be very good fakes if not genuine. Battery has already lasted about 18 hours, and I didn't charge it at all, still on precharged power. Desing capacity seems to be 1244 mAh (I think original was 125X mAh).

Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
because it must be 900mAh. This comes bundled with 5800 xpress music i guess..
5800 was first one to use 1320mAh BL-5J. N900 uses this same battery.

I don't know, i'm a bit skeptical about these unofficial batteries. Not to say that Nokia branding makes it any better, but i have had couple of bad experiences with ebay batteries while in numbers they should have been ok.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
5800 was first one to use 1320mAh BL-5J. N900 uses this same battery.

I don't know, i'm a bit skeptical about these unofficial batteries. Not to say that Nokia branding makes it any better, but i have had couple of bad experiences with ebay batteries while in numbers they should have been ok.
one thing:
safety circuit.

It will probably prevent the li-ion cell from exploding(if misused) and definitely prevent overdischarge that will destroy cells permanently and instantly. At least I wouldn't run those really cheap batteries totally dry....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

I actually just bought two of these the other day. It's the same model number (BL-5J) so I figured it would work. What do you guys think? (I am not affiliated with this ebay seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT