Active Topics

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
I hope this isn't just me, or something I'm doing wrong. I downloaded all the themes I could from the Ovi Store and finally found one I like, Melody. It's pretty close to the Nokia Nseries default theme, just green. I've noticed a bug though. When I reboot my phone, the background will retain my current theme's setting, but the actual theme colors and the theme setting will revert back to the Nokia Nseries theme.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

TIA!

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Yea this is a bug. You can stop this from happening by copying your new theme files into the /usr/share/themes/alpha folder, but thats a little complicated, and always make a backup first

Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
Yea this is a bug. You can stop this from happening by copying your new theme files into the /usr/share/themes/alpha folder, but thats a little complicated, and always make a backup first
I'm comfortable with moving files around. I'm not a complete linux n00b, I do know my way around for the most part. As long as I know what to copy from where to where I'm ok.

Where are the themes stored? Or are they all in the /usr/share/themes/ folder already? And do you have a link to the bug report (if there is one)?

Thanks again!

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by Gizmokid2005 View Post
I'm comfortable with moving files around. I'm not a complete linux n00b, I do know my way around for the most part. As long as I know what to copy from where to where I'm ok.

Where are the themes stored? Or are they all in the /usr/share/themes/ folder already? And do you have a link to the bug report (if there is one)?

Thanks again!

Hey , check out this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=ovi+themes

and do the steps as the chansearrington explains ,

it should work out for you , it did for me ,cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to SR90 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SR90 View Post
Hey , check out this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=ovi+themes

and do the steps as the chansearrington explains ,

it should work out for you , it did for me ,cheers.
Thanks a bunch!

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by Gizmokid2005 View Post
Thanks a bunch!
no problem , you are most welcome