Active Topics

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
I have a cheap 7 for like £3 screen protector kit, tried two out to apply the screen protector correctly, then the third i properly put on and i peeled the bottom right corner just so i can easily take it off (its not noticable either!)

I've been very happy with the quality of the screen protectors, and there doing there job dam well!

No scratches on the n900 screen yet! and no real loss of response either,
I'm also use those 5 for US$3 protectors from ebay (shipped from Hong Kong), they work great on my 5800 and N900

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I have had the phone from the end of november without screen protector. So far no scratches! I kind of like the phone how its ment to be.

I have had two N900's and used both without screen protector. I used the first one over four months and didn't have any troubles. One tiny scratch which game from my keys. It was so small that it was almost invisible. I have used the he other one about one month and no troubles.

I had significant problems with the Virtuli 160-somehthing (name?), it was lifting off at the edges badly. But the folks at the shop asked me to send a pic of it, and as soon as I did, they said, "Oh, that's bad", and they sent me a replacement ASAP at no charge.

So I'm using it now and it feels great, is totally invisible. I hate looking at scratches so ai feel a ton better with it on. I was super careful in the few weeks before the protector arrived, using stylus only and very gently.

I also tried the Clairvue, but overpriced I think, it seems it's the exact same item that you can get from HK merchants, only at 25% of the price.

The Clairvue felt very glassy, BTW, even harder and more slippery/slick than the N900's original screen. I did like the feel of the N900's bare screen itself, but perhaps it was a bit too slippery too. The Virtuli adds just the tiniest bit of drag, which I prefer.

At the end i couldnt be strong and hold my N900 without a screen protector. why? because i got like 6 small hairline scratches from God knows where.

I do baby my phone and try the hardest to keep it looking nice and like new but is impossible. seriously N900 has the worst anti scratch screen ever.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I've had my screen protector on from the day i opened the box, bought these cheap protectors on ebay for few bucks, perfect fit, easy to install. I really cant see a reason why not to use one, if the protector gets bad scratches on it like i already have, u can just replace it. and if i ever get tired for my n900 or its time to get new phone i get better price for it But who am i to judge anyone, everyone chooses your own path

No proctector, no case, no scratches or damage so far.

i don't really understand the point of cases or protectors unless you plan to sell at a later date (which I don't). You have a beautiful piece of technology, and in order to prevent it getting damaged and looking slightly less beautiful you cover it in crap and make it look like **** anyway.

It's a bit like pouring acid on your face so you don't get any uglier as you get older....

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I used screen protectors with just about all the Palm devices that I used. They would soon get scratched and dirty, but I had the comfort of knowing that, beneath that rough exterior, the screen was pristine. Invariably, all my dead Palm devices died with a beautiful pristine screen *that I never really got to enjoy*. I say, forget screen protectors. Enjoy your device's screen while it is alive. I do take care of my screen though. I wipe it regularly with a good eye glasses cloth. I have had it a little over a month and it still looks like new. If I do get a scratch on it eventually, I am not going to cry about it. This device is going to die eventually any way. And no, I don't think I will sell mine either. I plan to use it until it dies. Hopefully by then Maemo 7 will be out.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

I urge you all please please use screen protectors. If I showed you a picture of my screen you would obey. Nasty!!! And I was very careful not to put anything in the same pocket as I was keeping my N900. Don't wait till it is too late like I did before getting a screen protector.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Bought my n900 when it was first released here in UK and only just bought a pack of screen protectors (7 for about £3 from eBay) about a week ago. Generally careful with it, but still got 1 or two tiny scratches on the screen.

Screen protector is ok - does spoil the look a little, and I may or may not be imagining a slight loss of responsiveness, but on the whole well worth the money - should stop any future and more serious scratches.

Just for comparison, my Palm Tungsten T3 which I've had for a fair few years now has a fairly badly scratched screen (mostly around the Graffiti area), and I've been equally careful with it. It's just general wear and tear. Much better to wear out a screen protector than a screen! And no, it's not just cosmetic - the T3 screen is definitely less responsive in the more scuffed areas.

Last edited by mwerle; 2010-02-04 at 13:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwerle For This Useful Post: