Notices

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
Is there any chance you might integrate this with GPS? Using GPS (when available) to calibrate the distance, you could make the pedometer very accurate.
It might be possible in a future release, but i would better improve the detection of steps using the accelerometer rather than using the GPS.

Is the data backed up when the device is ?
How about week/month summary graphs (on home screen) like http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...ometer_for.php ?
Is the data easy to export ? It's be good to be able to get the data off the device as a plan text file, for instance. Or have the widget email it every N days etc.
Only the totals are stored, but the graphs idea idea is nice
Thanks

Thanks for the widget, but opening the settings menu and trying to press some of the buttons causes my presses to "go through" and hit whatever is on the desktop, behind it. In my case, I had shortcuts behind the settings window so I ended up inadvertently moving them around or hitting their close buttons...
I've just uploaded a new version in the repository, this should solve this problem.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andrei1089 For This Useful Post:
awesome

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
sweet, I remember myself wishing for a pedometer, but forgot about it when all the fuss started when I got the n900. I hope this gets testing-quality soon.
Stupidity is the thing I hate the most.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Monterrey Mexico
Thanks for the widget

it`ll be nice to have a "beep" at a certain distance (like each km for example), If there isn`t to much to ask to "say" the number ok units (km)
*maybe a pre recorder 1-42.

BTW sorry for my english, Hope I make my self clear :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matristain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matristain View Post
Thanks for the widget

it`ll be nice to have a "beep" at a certain distance (like each km for example), If there isn`t to much to ask to "say" the number ok units (km)
*maybe a pre recorder 1-42.

BTW sorry for my english, Hope I make my self clear :P
Thanks for your suggestion, i've put it on the to do list for the next release.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrei1089 For This Useful Post:
Great work, thank you.

Sorry, when I first read this I imagined a GPS based registered sex offender warning system! w

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@andrei1089 - great work - looking forward to this passing into extras.

Would be really good if it could just monitor steps and also use the GPS as this would be most accurate? You could then either do this for a period and "train" the application, or keep it on all the time? I've found purely step based pedometers to be less than accurate, especially over longer distances.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

For me i would like that the timer is stopped when not walking (standing at a traffic light for example), so the speed is more accurate. Maybe it can have a second timer for pauses.

*Edit*: Oh, forgot to thank you for your work Thx

Last edited by gunni; 2010-02-05 at 18:10.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
@andrei1089 - great work - looking forward to this passing into extras.

Would be really good if it could just monitor steps and also use the GPS as this would be most accurate? You could then either do this for a period and "train" the application, or keep it on all the time? I've found purely step based pedometers to be less than accurate, especially over longer distances.
Using GPS to "train" the widget may be a good option, but keeping GPS on all the time would be a waste of battery.

For me i would like that the timer is stopped when not walking (standing at a traffic light for example), so the speed is more accurate. Maybe it can have a second timer for pauses.
I'll probably count only the walking time. With a new timer the widget will have too many values to show (I'm also planning to show the number of lost calories)

The Following User Says Thank You to andrei1089 For This Useful Post:
i agree with the devoloper that gps would waste the battery

you can use ecoach for that which is really good , this app is different and handy in itself

i agree calories should maybe be added and a beep for certain distances would be nice maybe an option to setthe distance for the beep

great work mate , havent tested it but people like you make the n900 worth while , keep up the work

The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post: