Active Topics

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I cant get background to work for my im layout, do i need to make changes to html part or just the css file, i presume the image file needs to be in same location as css and html

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Is it possible to change the font size? If so, that might be a fix for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5624
try:
http://de.selfhtml.org/css/eigenscha....htm#font_size

i think you can use numeric values like 1.2em or just the absolute values like x-large.

Originally Posted by teemui View Post
I cant get background to work for my im layout, do i need to make changes to html part or just the css file, i presume the image file needs to be in same location as css and html
you have to edit the css-file.
an example is given the post before your post.
just look at it and place the png (don't know if jpgs or so are working) in the html-folder.

Can someone explain how to increase the font sizes in the conversations inbox? The link I clicked on is not in english. My eyesight is not so good! Thanks

if you mean the conversation inbox widget this isn't possible yet.
you may have to add a feature request to the project for changing font-size.
(no config-file as far as i see and the source isn't available too :/ )

you can only edit the font-size in the built-in conversation viewer for chats and sms. this can be done by editing a css-file.

Yes, sorry I am refering to the built in viewer. Is there any posts here that tell me how to change this file?

don't know if that really works but it seems that most of the standard css commands are working for the conversation view here too.
so you can use:
Code:
font-size:
with following absolute values:
Code:
xx-small, x-small, small, medium, large ,x-large, xx-large
or numeric values:
Code:
relative: 1.2em or 1.2ex
absolute: 1.2pf or 1.2cm
examples:
Code:
font-size: x-large;
font-size: 3.5ex;
font-size: 14px;
you could also use 1.2px (pixels). it's said that this isn't good for webpages because new rendering isn't possible but the conversation view won't be rendered again so this should be ok.
so i would try the pixel-value because you easily can imagine how big the font will be (avatars are 64 px large). so half avatar height will be:
Code:
font-size: 32px;
just try some values and look which one works and fits your sight.

the css files are in /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/ and you should add the font-size command in your BubbleSelf and BubbleOther.

EDIT: if you don't know how to edit them by yourself. maybe someone will upload a css-file for you. i haven't got time at the moment. but if it isn't uploaded till tomorrow i will do something for you and look if it's working properly.

Last edited by b666m; 2010-02-05 at 17:41.

Thanks for your reply. Its been awhile since I've done this. How exactly do you edit these files? Or do I create a text file for Bubbleself and Bubbleother and "mv" them to /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/ ?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Added the Modded files for IM-Conversations to Post 108.

Download SMS-Mod Files

Download IM-Mod Files
So can I just download these links in the browser of my N900 or do I have to put these codes in myself....If I have to put them in myself, can you give steps on how to get to the particular section I need to be in to edit these files...Thanks!

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cassidy12 View Post
So can I just download these links in the browser of my N900 or do I have to put these codes in myself....If I have to put them in myself, can you give steps on how to get to the particular section I need to be in to edit these files...Thanks!
Download the .zip-files and put the files within the zip-files into:

/usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html
(Create a backup of the original files!!!)

To see your own picture in SMS coversation you will also need to put a .png file named avatar.png with size 64x64 into the same directory.

Originally Posted by b666m View Post
don't know if that really works but it seems that most of the standard css commands are working for the conversation view here too.
so you can use:
Code:
font-size:
with following absolute values:
Code:
xx-small, x-small, small, medium, large ,x-large, xx-large
or numeric values:
Code:
relative: 1.2em or 1.2ex
absolute: 1.2pf or 1.2cm
examples:
Code:
font-size: x-large;
font-size: 3.5ex;
font-size: 14px;
you could also use 1.2px (pixels). it's said that this isn't good for webpages because new rendering isn't possible but the conversation view won't be rendered again so this should be ok.
so i would try the pixel-value because you easily can imagine how big the font will be (avatars are 64 px large). so half avatar height will be:
Code:
font-size: 32px;
just try some values and look which one works and fits your sight.

the css files are in /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/ and you should add the font-size command in your BubbleSelf and BubbleOther.

EDIT: if you don't know how to edit them by yourself. maybe someone will upload a css-file for you. i haven't got time at the moment. but if it isn't uploaded till tomorrow i will do something for you and look if it's working properly.
So I was able to copy that directory and take a look at those 2 css files. I'm unsure of what exactly to modify? I only need to increase the text size slightly so I'll be able to read it!

Tags
bada rox, his lunchbox