Notices

Originally Posted by Bytales View Post
Yah, something to play dvd iso images. But i think i might be asking to much. i know i can convert using handbreak, but i wanted to keep the menu thingy that's dvd unuqie feature so to say. Looks like i'm left with converting.
This is a nice piece of freeware software that will keep menus and able to shrink the size of the DVD image.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what_en.php

tried vobcopy then copied the file tree to N900 and run mplayer in terminal as mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /path to vob video.ts tree but mplayer not compiled for libdvd so tried cd to the *vob file and tried mplayer -cache 8192 -ni *vobfiles of the movie and it played but then choked and went stuttery. Am guessing not enough RAM and CPU for the files.

Last edited by luh3418; 2010-04-21 at 08:51.

I looked at the wiki for handbrake. There is an xml file with settings. The import in Handbrake wants a .plist file for import. How can I import these settings?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
k9copy is a wonderful tool for operations like these.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
Well, I suspect a rather useful usecase would be for someone to:
- to insert a dvd into i.e. a home computer, because they
- want to see that dvd once at once,
- on the handheld device, i.e. in bed, utilizing your WLAN,
- without doing any converting, file transfer,
- without having to delete the files afterwards.

This is a very sensible use case, IMHO.

The DRM backing companies are doing their very best to prevent you from doing just that. If you try to do that, you're obviously a dangerous criminal.

There are solutions that allow you to see unprotected DVD streams, but as it is today, it can be hard enough to set up an ubuntu PC to play a blockbuster DVD.

DRM hurts you.

Do you know the biggest joke about all this? - that last link "dangerous criminal" do you know what I got on youtube?

This video contains content from Fremantle International, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
What a joke!! GRRRRR! The internet is supposed to be global, I hate these silly things, why do I have to resort to proxies?

whats about using vlm on ya desktop?

Never tried before playing dvds with that, even dont know if its possible - but i have tried a film - has worked 'somehow' (had no time to check in detail, just wanted to know if it works)