Notices

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Great to hear that you like it!
What do you think about the button choices? Should they be different? Or do you think this is close to ideal?
i think the buttons follow the UI conventions already set forth. however, we could use a volume status bar and support volume ramping. is there a way to make the volume control affect the system volume not the app volume? and, of course, it would be nice to support a voice search to automatically display the album art which matches.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Is it possible for UKMP to play ogg files (assuming that the ogg codecs are installed) ?
Thanks for you really nice work !

Fred
I have been able to add ogg support now. I will combine it with some other new features as well and publish a new version next week. In the meanwhile, in case you have any ideas on how to improve it, I hope you guys / gals will let me know.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I have been able to add ogg support now. I will combine it with some other new features as well and publish a new version next week. In the meanwhile, in case you have any ideas on how to improve it, I hope you guys / gals will let me know.
Well, since you asked .... A nice option for the player would be to display larger versions of the album covers (perhaps only 4 on the screen at one time, in a 2 x 2 grid). This would make it easier to use UKMP while driving.

Howard

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
I agree, some form of scaling interface would be very nice. Also information on tracks playback i.e time. what would be really magic is lyrics from internet of track being played.

what is correct way to close player?
why white and black player interface via start up selection, rather than some user configuration option?

Good Work, great to see so many media player interfaces and developments for the Internet tablet devices!

PS I Found that player locked up first time it scanned media and needed to restart device. should i have ideally restarted after install of python and player proir to first use?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ St.Petersburg, FL
this is a great media player. i love the fact that i can see the album cover. i think better use of the dpad after you select the album would be nice but this could be just me. i think the up and down would be better used for browsing the current album since visually the songs are aligned that way instead of moving from one album to the next.

Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
I agree, some form of scaling interface would be very nice. Also information on tracks playback i.e time. what would be really magic is lyrics from internet of track being played.

what is correct way to close player?
why white and black player interface via start up selection, rather than some user configuration option?

Good Work, great to see so many media player interfaces and developments for the Internet tablet devices!

PS I Found that player locked up first time it scanned media and needed to restart device. should i have ideally restarted after install of python and player proir to first use?
Current song playback time and position will be added quite soon, but I'm not completely certain if I should add clutter in the form of song duration in the songs list.

Correct way to close it is to press the fullscreen and use the close app button.

Black and white are used because it was quicker to do. The look is already themed and it will be possible to make your own look to the app in a near future version.

Originally Posted by blakboy98 View Post
this is a great media player. i love the fact that i can see the album cover. i think better use of the dpad after you select the album would be nice but this could be just me. i think the up and down would be better used for browsing the current album since visually the songs are aligned that way instead of moving from one album to the next.
I have been hearing the same thing from other people as well, so maybe I'll do it soon.

I've just released ukmp 1.1.

Full details here:
http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co...6/ukmp-11.html

Usually 1.0 versions need a quick 1.01 version. Quite surprisingly this was not the case for UKMP release. I didn't receive a single critical bug report. One seemingly annoying bug that was reported was that some people didn't have much luck with the album cover downloads. This has now been greatly improved for the 1.1 version. Yes. 1.1 is now ready for public consumption. Both, the accuracy of the cover images, as well as the quality of the images has been improved. New version also contains initial ogg support.

Go grab it while it's hot!

Originally Posted by howardcb View Post
I installed UKMP 1.0 today without any trouble, and it works fine. It is an improvement over the built in media player, but I have 2 comments.

1: The cover art download wasn't always accurate, which I could correct manually.
2. UKMP had trouble with doubleCDs. It lumps them as one CD, and sometimes drops some of the songs. When it keeps them all, it doesn't maintain the correct order (all of CD 1, followed by CD 2).

A lot of my music is Broadway musicals, ripped to mp3s by Windows Media Player.

Thanks,

Howard
You didn't mention this in your release notes for UKMP 1.1, but the problem with my double CD albums is now fixed. Thanks !!

Howard

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
OK, konttori, I'm ready to give UKMP a test run. First, one question. I already have album art for all my collection, stored as folder.jpg files in each directory (one per CD). [Oops, that's my PC standard. On the N800 the files are renamed cover.jpg to appease Canola.] So I would prefer to have the app use my art instead of downloading its own. Is there an install option or naming convention I can use to accomplish this?

P.S. One more question. (I lied. ;-) Have you implemented gapless MP3 playback yet, and if not, is it still on the roadmap? Thanks!