Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I would leave it plugged in overnight, and I would try a different outlet, just to make sure that wasn't the problem. If you aren't in a rush, this might be a good time to buy some cheap replacement batteries and/or a desktop charger. I'm almost positive there's nothing wrong with your N900.

Maybe you could browbeat Nokia into sending you another battery....

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Try starting it and if the screen turns on quickly insert the charger.
screen doesnt turn on. would it hurt battery if I tried charging it with another phone's charger? dunno about the voltages, i havent found the other charger yet, but if it's about the same, can i charge it for about 5 mins? (the end of that charger is ripped off, so I can attach wires directly to battery)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
To my knowledge, running the battery dry is not capable of destroying the phone - and it really shouldn't be in any decently made device, in general. Have you tried physically pulling the battery, and then replacing and charging again?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by dawchiks View Post
screen doesnt turn on. would it hurt battery if I tried charging it with another phone's charger? dunno about the voltages, i havent found the other charger yet, but if it's about the same, can i charge it for about 5 mins? (the end of that charger is ripped off, so I can attach wires directly to battery)
I would not do that. You could seriously hurt the battery. I would go to a Nokia Service Point and ask if they can charge the battery for you. Or fix the problem. But that's just me, cause I have a authorised service point 5 minutes away from where I live

Originally Posted by jaem View Post
To my knowledge, running the battery dry is not capable of destroying the phone - and it really shouldn't be in any decently made device, in general. Have you tried physically pulling the battery, and then replacing and charging again?
Since N900 use USB to charge the voltage and current rating might be too low to even start charging an empty battery, although it does sound very wierd.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
get an external charger.
Take a look at my one. this one i'm using is great. very reliable and doesn't overcharge the battery. as you can see it's blue light when the battery is full. it's only charge to about 95->97% like the N900 does.
Attached Images

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
yes, as Maxximuscool pointed out, I'm pretty sure I remember people saying that you can use an external charger to revive it in this situation.

before doing that try this: take out the battery, and press and hold the power button on the N900 for about 2 minutes. then put it back in without SIM or memory card and try again.

otherwise ext. charger is the way to go. or find someone who has a Nokia 5800 and use their battery (to test your phone make sure its still alive and to charge your own battery)

problem solved - i used old usb cable, cut off 1 end, add black wire to negative, red to positive, charged the battery for 10 to 15 secs, and the phone turned on after i put the battery back in it. now it's charging from default charger.

You directly connected a USB port to the battery's terminals?

You're brave, for reference, I wouldn't recommend anyone else try this unless they actually do know what they are doing