Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
Haven't logged on for a couple of weeks.

Good to see this thread is still going
we are quite defiant over here!
Although nearly everyone has vanished now!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Swindon
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
we are quite defiant over here!
Although nearly everyone has vanished now!
So I got mine in early December when they started being shipped and immeadiatley left for a long holiday in Australia, my first couple of days were fine and then the reboots seemed to start and the other day it just stopped booting up.
So i now have a brick.

does anyone have any ideas as to what i can do, i have emailed MPD but am still waiting for a reply. I am home in 2 weeks but would like to have everything in place to get it all sorted as soon as possible after my return.

I am realy gutted as all the photos and videos i took seem to be lost.

Ok, anyone had to return a n900 for repair, whats there procedure? i see they use a company to repair phones but why would i want anyone to look at this apart from nokia?

hmmm no-one left in this thread? Squirrel, is yours ok now? it's the suppliers duty to sort you out - so don't let MPD shirk you off!

Mcd, faulty device?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i have had mine for a month now and am absolutely delighted with it. Had a small issue with Rootfs filling up but got that fixed - was probably my fault anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZootHornRollo For This Useful Post:
did anyone ever get there cash back from top cashback when using mpd? I went through this sit but i have never got the cash back.

Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
did anyone ever get there cash back from top cashback when using mpd? I went through this sit but i have never got the cash back.
no idea what you are talking about lol

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
no idea what you are talking about lol
me neither! cashback from MPD??!? That'd be nice. Incidentally i found out why mine didnt get redirected to my current address when shipped. It wasnt RMs fault, nooo. it was MPD, yes thats right MPD. They mis-spelled my surname and so RM didnt know to redirect. so maybe MPD should give me that train fair back!

Anyway, hows things noobmonkey? your device still good? had a scare with mine involving half a bottle of beer finding its way all over the device but its still going strong.

Originally Posted by NotTheMessiah View Post
me neither! cashback from MPD??!? That'd be nice. Incidentally i found out why mine didnt get redirected to my current address when shipped. It wasnt RMs fault, nooo. it was MPD, yes thats right MPD. They mis-spelled my surname and so RM didnt know to redirect. so maybe MPD should give me that train fair back!

Anyway, hows things noobmonkey? your device still good? had a scare with mine involving half a bottle of beer finding its way all over the device but its still going strong.
Eeeeeeeeek!!! - good to see yours is a beer lover
Mines been flung across the room a few times - but still going strong!

Just learning how to develop! w0000p! - got my first app in extras-devel at the moment (It works, but you do need the usual warnings to enter there!)

Linky and screenies in my signature

It really has just got better and better for me so far, reflashed to generic global firmware tho last week, got tired of waiting for the UK one

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
that sounds like an interesting wee app there NoobMonkey.

Useful to have info all in one place.