Notices

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
Thanks!
It's not in the official repos (yet) so you have to download it from my site (the first post) and don't forget to vote for the "pressure in Fremantle" bug to get fixed. With full pressure sensitivity it's even better!
Anders
Cool, voted for the bug.

Just to be sure so, am I deleting the old one or just install the new one on top..sorry.

x

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Would be fantastic if we could get this into the repos. Let me know if you need any help along those lines.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
@ander_gud

what do you mean by this: "I'm a bit frustrated too - Fremantle could certainly be easier to develop for if Nokia stuck closer to Debian or Ubuntu instead of including so much closed and outdated stuff..."

thx

Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
@ander_gud

what do you mean by this: "I'm a bit frustrated too - Fremantle could certainly be easier to develop for if Nokia stuck closer to Debian or Ubuntu instead of including so much closed and outdated stuff..."

thx
Imagine if one could use Debian's arm repos straight off on the device or even in the SDK. The SDK uses very old software - examples: debhelper (for building/packaging) and scons (build tool like make).
The closed stuff (graphics, power-management) affects the kernel upgrade path in the long run - and adds security issues...

Older (come on, it's not right to say 'very old') versions of the package tools are not missing much. I have no problems with debhelper or the rest in the versions available in the SDK. The stuff packaged for the old SDK for my N800, bora version, was fine too. I just had to change debian/compat from 5 to 4 now and then, and everything would build fine.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Would be fantastic if we could get this into the repos. Let me know if you need any help along those lines.
Yes - it would be great. There are some possible issues:
- mypaint uses a newer scons to build (I got around that by using a local copy of scons)
- the debian/rules script are for debhelper 7 (I just commented out the offending parts) SDK and autobuilder uses 5 I think
I would not like to turn the autobuilder into a grinding pulp ;-)
It would also be nice to separate out the Hildon specific changes into debian/patches instead of the diff.gz (help with dpatch or quilt)
All help appreciated!
Anders

Last edited by anders_gud; 2010-02-08 at 17:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
I would really like to see mypaint in extras devel. Has it been optified?

Originally Posted by dmj726 View Post
I would really like to see mypaint in extras devel. Has it been optified?
yes mypaint-data is 2 MB optified - but not mypaint (it's like 300-200k - problems with maemo-optify creating recursive links)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
@anders_gud: as requested, voted for bug in this thread.

FYI, I had to create the account first to vote. Was not a previous member of that community. Do we need more end users contributing to the development feedback or will we NEWBs just muck things up there?

hope that helps in what you need!

The Following User Says Thank You to coosbaytv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
i installed it according to the instruction but when i open the program it closes it before it finishes loading. Any idea?

Tags
mypaint, sketching