Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
The latest version of this app really suck hard when it comes to taking video and trying to enable the flash at the same time. The Camera won't let the flashlight enable and once you trying to do that, the camera resolution compressed and you see people like the lord of the ring half length hobbits.

Everthing look like shorten lol. This bug need to be report.....

Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney View Post
I have updated to version 3.x which I don't like.

Is there a way to get back 2.0?

Many thanks
Bump, please help. Video record no longer works with flash light on. The new version also requires another step... I use to just open the camera lens and turn on flash light but now I have to also make sure I'm not in the camera app for it to work.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney View Post
Bump, please help. Video record no longer works with flash light on. The new version also requires another step... I use to just open the camera lens and turn on flash light but now I have to also make sure I'm not in the camera app for it to work.
dude! read the previous few pages. the solution is to uninstall the version you got and install the older version back. version 0.2.0 will work. version 3 won't work.

download the flashlight below and follow the terminal commands

to install it you need to be as root. install yhe little app to enable root. and then type;

sudo gainroot

$: dpkg -i directoryOfYourFILE/yourFile.deb

mine is:
dpkg -i /media/mmc1/flashlight.deb
Attached Files
File Type: deb flashlight0.2.0.deb (15.1 KB, 173 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much. Got the old version back and working great. I used to enjoy dos scripts but finding linux difficult...

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Is there a way to access flashlight without the annoying camera app popping up? I have to close the camera first...annoying

Thanks for this great app. I have a suggestion to simplify the step turning on the flash light.

When the lens cover is opened, is possible to show a screen that let me to select whether to use the camera or the flash? I have to agree currently the extra step to close the camera application is indeed annoying.

The Following User Says Thank You to code For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by code View Post
Thanks for this great app. I have a suggestion to simplify the step turning on the flash light.

When the lens cover is opened, is possible to show a screen that let me to select whether to use the camera or the flash? I have to agree currently the extra step to close the camera application is indeed annoying.
I agree, this would be the best way. How do we contact the developer of this app?

should the future update also include the flashlight option during the shooting a vid?

The older version included it and I for one, would like to see it back.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
I agree, this would be the best way. How do we contact the developer of this app?
http://maemo.org/packages/view/flashlight-applet/

click on the maintainer-name-link.
then log into garage.
in the garage-page there should be the email of the maintainer.

after all you're landing here:
https://garage.maemo.org/users/rmoravcik/

Originally Posted by b666m View Post
http://maemo.org/packages/view/flashlight-applet/

click on the maintainer-name-link.
then log into garage.
in the garage-page there should be the email of the maintainer.

after all you're landing here:
https://garage.maemo.org/users/rmoravcik/
Thanks, sent the question:

Hello, sorry if I am bothering you but I am a proud user of your Flashlight application on the n900 and have a request/suggestion.

To use Flashlight, I have to flip my camera lens cover open but when I do this, the camera application opens. This is extremely annoying, having to wait for the camera application to load only to then close it seconds later. Only then can I access the statusbar and select Flashlight.

Wouldn't it be better if a dialog box pops up asking what application you want opened when the lens cover is flipped open? (either camera or Flashlight) This would minimise the steps a user has to take to launch Flashlight and also completely remove the need to place the application on the statusbar.

I really hope you can update your already brilliant app with this suggestion and i'm not the only one who likes this idea.

Thanks for reading!

Tags
flashlights brighten life