I tried it with my old laptop running Windows XP and it seems to work but the text won't change on screen (I do see some activity in the WLAN led when sending data from the N900 so there should be a connection)

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
it works on windows 7 and vista 64 bit if you install the 64 bit dlls...
then you have to press the windows button and then go back to the program... do that 200 time or so
you have to do that very very fast...
sometime it will open the program correctly so you can see everythig...

I'm using Windows 7 32bit not 64bit. Any way to get it working there too?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by nex View Post
I'm using Windows 7 32bit not 64bit. Any way to get it working there too?
the same way, without replacing the .dll's.

So you're saying the way to get this working is just alt-tab in and out of the program hoping to fool the app? There has to be a more reliable way.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by nex View Post
So you're saying the way to get this working is just alt-tab in and out of the program hoping to fool the app? There has to be a more reliable way.
like i said it not really compatible with vista and w7

I've made a video for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eer96G6fi8

(onedotzero on windows 7 x64)

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-02-06 at 14:50.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
It now works fine for me.. (win 7 64bit)

had to do a couple of things...

I installed the app on my n900, it runs fine

on my pc I extracted the zip file to a folder on my desktop, here is where I started having problems, i would run.bat but it would last half a second and closed right away, with the use of print screen and good timing i found out that it coundt find Java to run, so I went to the java folder in program files, copied java.exe to the folder i extracted the onedotzero files, and it ran... but...... black screen nothing happend....

alas I tryed hitting the Windows button and clicking the minimized icon on the icon bar until it suddenly started working.. after that all ran smooth and cool.

just wanted to let you know it does run, just needs a bit of tweaks and patience

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Did anyone get the onedotzero client working in Linux?

I could get it sort of running but you couldn't see any of the words from the stream and it looked kinda shonky.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bolton, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
Did anyone get the onedotzero client working in Linux?

I could get it sort of running but you couldn't see any of the words from the stream and it looked kinda shonky.
I had a similar experience on both Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04. Only a small box in the top left had anything rendered, the rest was blank.
What I could see did react to the mouse and N900 though. Also had to take the xdock argument out of the script as it was stopping it running for me.