Active Topics

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ England and USA
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
Do you feel like u are a guinea pig with this half baked device........NOKIA making money and getting all the feedbacks for free to build a better device while you will be left holding the imperfect N900?
Absolutely .. and I LOVE IT.

Being able to participate in the development of a new device is exciting and rewarding.

Great work Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgbirch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
That's why things such as selinux and similar exist that can limit what even root can do on the system iirc.

So yes provisioning would be possible but the IT department would basically need to lock the device down to a symbian state.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ England and USA
Originally Posted by amarjyoti View Post
I guess we are a select club of guinea pigs with a better device than most :-D
or:

I guess we are a self selected club of guinea pigs with a better device than most :-D

i use both the iphone 3g and the n900 to some i recommend the iphone to others i recommend the n900 depends whos asking and what they looking for in a phone..

i carry both devices for calling i prefer to use the iphone better one hand operation (personal opinion) and for texting on the move again the iphone, however, generally i use the n900 alot more, conversations, browsing it simply depends on where i am and what im doing.

baby bull and daddy bull at top of a hill baby bull goes hey pops let run down and **** one of them cows and pops replies son why dont we walk down and **** em all........moral of the story Nokia are walking down and with the N900 and maemo they will **** em all lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Mas Termind For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Get new friends.
it is a statistical fact that all your friends can't be completely honest.

And I don't say that is probable, I just say it is possible.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
That's why things such as selinux and similar exist that can limit what even root can do on the system iirc.

So yes provisioning would be possible but the IT department would basically need to lock the device down to a symbian state.
They would then have to watch for all updates in case a new firmware release came along etcetera. The hardwar can support it but the whole point of Maemo 5 is that it is an open device. As has already been mentioned in several posts, this is an N series device, not an E series device which is design for corporate interactions.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post

i'd be more worried to get mugged by some stranger. what's nokia doing to prevent THAT? stupid half-baked cellphone business.

The Following User Says Thank You to quingu For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
On an only slightly related tangent, it DOES seem like the Finnish developers are out of touch with American usage.

They assume everyone who uses the contact manager knows everything there is to know about all their contacts country codes. Maybe in Finland they do, but in America, nobody except PR people have more than one contact with a country code that isn't +1.

They don't support common Wifi security combinations in the US (even though those security combinations might be totally ******ed).

They don't support Email servers that the iPhone does out of the box.

Just lots of little support issues that don't seem to be an issue in Finland or maybe in Europe and Asia in general, but in the US we do things a bit differently (again, often ******edly) and Nokia doesn't seem to be on top of that.

Amen! Totally true.

Originally Posted by Mas Termind View Post
i use both the iphone 3g and the n900 to some i recommend the iphone to others i recommend the n900 depends whos asking and what they looking for in a phone..

i carry both devices for calling i prefer to use the iphone better one hand operation (personal opinion) and for texting on the move again the iphone, however, generally i use the n900 alot more, conversations, browsing it simply depends on where i am and what im doing.

baby bull and daddy bull at top of a hill baby bull goes hey pops let run down and **** one of them cows and pops replies son why dont we walk down and **** em all........moral of the story Nokia are walking down and with the N900 and maemo they will **** em all lol
That is a good one. I use iphone 3gs during the day as need it for work. in the evening i have been playing more with N900. Browser is great, but freezes at times, more often when several windows open. I tried to watch some movies, but picture stutters quite a bit. I can access my gmail, and that is nice, but cant copy and paste within the text of the email, some attachments do not show as attachments and my sent box does not download my previously sent messages.........

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post

Who wants to be your friend, anyways?

Tags
can't keep goober down, drunken poetry, give 'em hell revdkathy!, still dreaming dreams