Notices

Anyone tried the "next track" button on bluetooth headphones?

I just did and in 2 seconds Id skipped al the way past 200 songs to the end!

Because the next track action auto repeats

I guess I'll ask this here instead of making a new thread, but is there no way to loop/repeat videos like you can with audio? Every media player I've ever used at least has the option for video auto-repeat, with most of them implementing it by default, though I see no such option with the built in media player or KMplayer which I downloaded just to see if this option was available.

Stinks? I think you are giving the media player more credit than it deserves,

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
For me the media player need to be improved in several ways. Because it lacks some functions of my old iPod:

- Gapless Playback (this is so important for me)
- Much better performance for a less powerfull device (iPod is so good to search, and play songs faster)
- EQ

Also, a software for automatically sync songs, like iTunes, would be awesome. I've tried Songbird but didn't like it!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Media Player isn't perfect and has its issues, but it generally fits all my needs. I would REALLY like to see it open sourced so that we can fix it.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Yeah, this would be good, instead of waiting Nokia to do it for us!

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Media Player isn't perfect and has its issues, but it generally fits all my needs. I would REALLY like to see it open sourced so that we can fix it.
I think that would help other parts of the system as well. The cause of the camera app not writing to anything but FAT filesystems would have been found faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IWantToMarryTheN900 View Post
I love this phone - truly - I mean, look at my stupid username. But the media player is crap.

Can a computer genius explain to me why the media player is so skittish?

When I'm listening to music, it seems as if the media player has gobbled all the RAM and when an email/SMS/phone call happens, it's like a mini-earthquake in the phone. The 'new email' tone is cut off in the beginning, the music stutters. It's all very sad. It feels like the entire operation is a delicate house of cards.

The 'Now Playing' interface is completely uninspiring.

My DivX and xVid videos never play completely smoothly - they always seem to be somewhere around 20fps.

And, as someone else pointed out, the media player doesn't pause the music when a phone call comes in - how stupid is that??

It sucks because I was excited to ditch my N810, Blackberry and Cowon S9 for one device. And yes, it does all work, but shouldn't it work well?

So, can someone explain, in layman's terms, why the media player is such a resource hog. And is it fixable? And, if not, where the heck is Canola to save us from this mess?

I

run top command while playing media player, see how much disk space is on rootfs. user is an issue not the player. lack of functionality yes, alot of things can be improved especially how it sorts music but i have a computer background and honestly its media player is a blast. Phone does pause music playback when call comes. If you are having resource hog issues, there are quite a few other things that can cause that. I so far have not had resource hog issues with the media player. couple of days ago, i played harry potter and the half blood prince movie divx format on it. Again very smooth, did take its time to load.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I can buy a better MP3 player for less than £5 off the bay. Even music on a memory stick work better in my car stereo than this "computer" lol

...and why make excuses for it? its crap. Whether its the fault of the OS/phone/media player, its crap.

Nokia should really get on with releasing a decent fix to cover this and some basic phone features. Oops been here before

Last edited by bonerp; 2010-02-10 at 18:50.

Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
I can buy a better MP3 player for less than £5 off the bay. Even music on a memory stick work better in my car stereo than this "computer" lol
That's because its not mean to be a music player - it DOES music playing, but I don't recall Nokia ever saying it would replace your ipod etc - or for that matter even hinting that it would.

I strongly suggest if you bought the device to replace an existing mp3 device then you should have done more research before forking over the cash.

And while we are on the subject can we please stop with the "Oh man it sucks" or "Cmon you gotta be kidding me" threads about subjects that have either

a) Been discussed to death in other threads
b) Are about functionality that if you had bothered to do even a small amount of research you would have realized was not the primary function of the device

When your ipod/mp3 player can VPN into my office VPN and allow me to remote admin my servers - come talk to me. Until then comparing the music playing functionality to a single use device like an iPod is both pointless and stupid.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2010-02-10 at 18:53.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:

Tags
waiting impatiently