Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
But you can choose from top menu artists -> select preferred artist (btw you can make search in media player by just typing words) -> it shows many albums but you can hit suffle songs and it plays/adds all the songs from selected artist to playlist.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
Thanks, but it's not an easy job to change the album name of the 300 songs. Is there an easier way?
Actually it is :| Its easy as couple of clicks. For example something like this:
- import all songs to e.g. mp3tag
- sort all songs by artist column
- Select all songs from on artist (select first and select last with shift clicked down)
- Now you can edit whole groups album
BUT remember to take backups from your orginal music files if you start messing around with tags.

Last edited by slender; 2010-02-10 at 22:37.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Thanks, but it's not an easy job to change the album name of the 300 songs. Is there an easier way?
Yes it is, move them all into an album on your N900 with drag and drop with a mouse when in Mass Storage mode. Then drag that folder into mp3tag and press <ctrl> + <a> to select all songs, and on the album tag, put in whatever you like.

I've done this before. I have a folder called "loose songs" for all those singles and songs that I have on there but not the whole album. The only annoing thing is that any picture (album cover) attached to the song will follow it around everywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
The other thing is that it looks like you want to look at albums so if I were you, I'd just use the artist view instead of album view, it'll be a lot easier.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Originally Posted by slender View Post
But you can choose from top menu artists -> select preferred artist (btw you can make search in media player by just typing words) -> it shows many albums but you can hit suffle songs and it plays/adds all the songs from selected artist to playlist.
This doesn't work very well. It shows me Benny Benassi, benny benassi, Benny benassi as different artists.

This doesn't work very well. It shows me Benny Benassi, benny benassi, Benny benassi as different artists.
That's because the artist has to have the same spacing and spelling. It's just the way tags work on ANY device, ipods etc. Just use mp3tag and edit the artist so that all Benny Benassi songs have the same artist spelt the same way. I would do that rather than the album name, as you can keep albums together as well as different album arts.

Also, mp3tag is a free program, so use it. It's one I got and found it very simple to use.

Ok. Maybe you should also do some tag cleaning on your computer. What is the point having same artist with different names?

YES I agree that this could be taken care by maybe little bit of coding from Nokia, but on the another hand i think that you should also clean up your tags.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Ok. Maybe you should also do some tag cleaning on your computer. What is the point having same artist with different names?

YES I agree that this could be taken care by maybe little bit of coding from Nokia, but on the another hand i think that you should also clean up your tags.
This is nothing to do with Nokia and all to do with cleaning up tags. All mp3 players will display it the same as they assume that any deviation is another artist. Analysing the tags to see similarities will just slow the media player and tracker down.

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
This is nothing to do with Nokia and all to do with cleaning up tags. All mp3 players will display it the same as they assume that any deviation is another artist. Analysing the tags to see similarities will just slow the media player and tracker down.
I would be really really careful with that kind of statements. You might get crucified sooner or later :P

And get back on here and let us know if it worked
I spent a long time sorting out and tagging my albums with correct tags and album art