Active Topics

Notices

can anybdy please help me...

this forum is not as responsive as it was about 4-5 weeks back!

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
can anybdy please help me...

this forum is not as responsive as it was about 4-5 weeks back!
As your problem isn't specific with Hermes ("this is hampering a lot of my N900 functions") I suggest you raise a bug or ask in a more general part of the forum.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Ok, now that Facebook supports XMPP (jabber), can we have some kind of integration with the Jabber account created, so synced Facebook contacts, get a 'chat with' button as well?

Originally Posted by natmaster View Post
Ok, now that Facebook supports XMPP (jabber), can we have some kind of integration with the Jabber account created, so synced Facebook contacts, get a 'chat with' button as well?
Could we also just get it to integrate with the account. For some reason the new Facebook contacts don't have their avatars showing on my device. And I tried using Hermes to get these from facebook but Hermes does not pick up these contacts.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Could we also just get it to integrate with the account. For some reason the new Facebook contacts don't have their avatars showing on my device. And I tried using Hermes to get these from facebook but Hermes does not pick up these contacts.
That's because they're only roster contacts, not "proper" contacts. That is, they'll go away when you're not online to the IM account which provides them.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
That's because they're only roster contacts, not "proper" contacts. That is, they'll go away when you're not online to the IM account which provides them.
I have tried going into Offline mode and setting myself to unavailable in all of my IM accounts, but my Facebook Chat XMPP contacts are still in the Contacts application. Have I done something wrong? It would be great if these entries were only available when online. If they are going to be there permanently, then it would be nice if Hermes could update all the other information (photos etc).

The Following User Says Thank You to tnhh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tnhh View Post
I have tried going into Offline mode and setting myself to unavailable in all of my IM accounts, but my Facebook Chat XMPP contacts are still in the Contacts application. Have I done something wrong? It would be great if these entries were only available when online. If they are going to be there permanently, then it would be nice if Hermes could update all the other information (photos etc).
Precisely.

Although I am not sure I want them in there all the time at all. At least not all of them. Makes phone book to overcrowded. I presume the reason they appear in the phone app is because they have jabber talk details added but I don't think facebook supports calls or at least that was the message when I tried to call someone. Of course not a Hermes problem, just a general observation.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tnhh View Post

just tested and my device adds photos of facebook chat contact and they are also permanently in contacts

Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
just tested and my device adds photos of facebook chat contact and they are also permanently in contacts
Do you have "Create birthday-only contacts" set? I just tried that and it creates new contacts with photos which I can merge with the Facebook Chat accounts. But not for contacts who haven't provided birthday information on Facebook.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Any progress on MySpace IM? Been waiting for 3 yrs for a Nokia Nseries device, targeting content creators, artists, performers, to support the social network most closely connected to its target market...

Musicians use mobile tech, too.

Good work, Jaffa, btw. Loving Hermes so far...

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website