Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I installed the Shutter app and it says...."IRsend took 0 second NikkonDSLR:shutter"

what does that mean?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i don't think my infrared is working. can someone please help me out?

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
i don't think my infrared is working. can someone please help me out?
Why you think so? How you have verified this?
Do you have Nikon Dxx camera?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Why you think so? How you have verified this?
Do you have Nikon Dxx camera?

no but my remote application isn't working since after reflashed it. it used to work before the reflashed! now it stopped! completely and there is no way to testing it out.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
no but my remote application isn't working since after reflashed it. it used to work before the reflashed! now it stopped! completely and there is no way to testing it out.
Could be that some dependencies are broken. Did you search here? I found this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37655&page=11
Maybe you should read it.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
I once read here that you need to turn Bluetooth on (for some reason) for IR to work. I dunno if it's true, but it doesn't hurt to try :P

Another way to determine if the IR works is by using a camera -- I think most cameras can see IR light, if not all. If you have another cameraphone, you can try pointing the camera to the IR, and on your N900, try to press any remote commands. If the IR lights up on the camera, the IR works.

yes i think the libQt dependency is busted. I'm going to retry installing if i can find it in the extra

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by JMacalinao View Post
I once read here that you need to turn Bluetooth on (for some reason) for IR to work. I dunno if it's true, but it doesn't hurt to try :P

Another way to determine if the IR works is by using a camera -- I think most cameras can see IR light, if not all. If you have another cameraphone, you can try pointing the camera to the IR, and on your N900, try to press any remote commands. If the IR lights up on the camera, the IR works.
Doesn't need bluetooth, atleat my ir lights up fine on E51's camera.

hmm it doesn't seem like the Qtirreco had any dependencies to it. And there is used to be a libQt in my uninstall section before i reflash and now it's gone.

but i don't think that the case though, has qtirreco gotten any update lately?

Originally Posted by tuXer View Post
Doesn't need bluetooth, atleat my ir lights up fine on E51's camera.
does it work with the web cam?