Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
hmm i don't have my other phone with me. so i must wait to test it on someone else.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
I don't know about web cams. You could try.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by tuXer View Post
I don't know about web cams. You could try.
i will try it out tomorrow with a friend phone. this is to be comfirmed

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I did notice one thing with QTirreco, some of the existing remote profiles do not work.

I tried every Sky+/SkyHD remote code bank and none of them actually worked with my SkyHD. If I hadn't already verified it works with my TV I would have thought something was wrong.

I wonder what is going on with libqt4 lately? I noticed anything that requires it refuses to install, but surely those libraries are in the repos? Wrong versions?

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
does it work with the web cam?
Yes, you should also be able to see it on a webcam - the sensors are +/- the same.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I did notice one thing with QTirreco, some of the existing remote profiles do not work.

I tried every Sky+/SkyHD remote code bank and none of them actually worked with my SkyHD. If I hadn't already verified it works with my TV I would have thought something was wrong.

I wonder what is going on with libqt4 lately? I noticed anything that requires it refuses to install, but surely those libraries are in the repos? Wrong versions?
yeah i have to verified it first. i notice that libqt4 is missing from the dependency. Whereas it used to installed around 2mb size now it's only 865kb.

And yes before i reflash my device, qtirreco remote behave weirdly after updated. it refused to work but after redownload the remote database, it works. Then later on it stopped again. What i'm not sure about is the infrared driver on my device. I really hope that reflash didn't killed the hardware though. I'm going to try testing it.

so how do i test it? pointing the infrared port to the camera and where do i look? do i look at the screen? or the camera lens? sorry never done this before

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i have a stupid question

how do you activate the infrared on n900?

reviving a dead thread... im sure i had a command to type in x term to activate it... anyone??

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
Hi

I am now experiencing the same problem.

QtIrecco used to work for me ever since I installed PR1.2, but now for some reason I found it wasn't sending IR commands.

I tested it through my webcam and couldn't see any light coming from IR. I also installed Shutter, but when I try to use it it says " IRsend failed: 1 (Please reboot and try again). Rebooted, still no joy.

Does anyone have any tips?

I have this problem too! Wierd.