Active Topics

Any clues on how to make the system run smoother and with less lags?
For example, it drives me nuts that I ALWAYS miss a call while browsing the web or watching a movie on the device. The system fails to show the phone app to answer the call in time-in addition it lags, "stutters" until some time after the incoming call is over... What is even more the music playback "stutters" when I for example browse photos in the same time or launch other apps
I find the device to be less and less lively with time...
Is it just me or is this normal? Any solution to this problem?

Cheers, Ralph

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RafaLL92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I daily switch this monster off and take battery out for a while and boot up. For me it makes this little snappier.

.edit
What Firmware you have?

The latest one - 1.1, everything up-to-date

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Having the same issue here, kind of annoying, especially that music stutters sometimes when doing other things, audio playback should have higher priority.

The Following User Says Thank You to hermitoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
This is disappointing. I just went to one of my company's main public-facing webservers which happens to have apache (known to spawn off lots of PIDs) and also MySQL running on it.
Web server number of PIDS: 104
My N900 at the moment: 164

Why is the N900 running so many apps/daemons/etc. More than a corporate webserver?

pagesix1536, Probably because it has got radio chip, bluetooth chip, speakers, audio, fm-transmitter, battery/charge control, touchscreen.....etc.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
I now have problem even with connecting the internal memory to the PC. It says its in use so it cant connect. And thats even freshly after reboot...

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
I do reboot every night or every days. On my Mac I have this app called Onyx that clears caches and runs cleaning scripts. Anything like that for the N900?

Originally Posted by RafaLL92 View Post
I now have problem even with connecting the internal memory to the PC. It says its in use so it cant connect. And thats even freshly after reboot...
Did you boot with usb connected?

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
No wonder Nokia insists on Symbian. Maemo is cool but not ready. The audio stutter is such a disgrace. Even non smartphones with much less processing power perform better. pulseaudio is a cpu hog. I believe the lag is due to the massive swap file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post: